[JPL] JazzWorks spins, 7/5 - 7/11

Dave Becker daveb at iastate.edu
Tue Jul 6 18:12:46 EDT 2004

21  KERRY STRAYER SEPTET:  Mentor
16  JOAN STILES:  Love Call
16  JOE LOVANO:  I'm All For You
15  GEORGE SHEARING:  Lullabies of Birdland - A Musical Autobiography
15  VARIOUS:  Concord Super Audio CD Volume 2
14  KARRIN ALLYSON:  Wild For You
13  RAMON VALLE TRIO:  No Escape
12  DAVE GLASSER:  Begin Again
12  FRANK DARMIENTO:  Sudden Impact
12  TIM GREEN:  Jeannie's Song
11  DIANA KRALL:  The Girl in the Other Room
11  MIMI FOX:  She's the Woman
10  GREG HOPKINS:  Quintology
10  MARC SEALES BAND:  A Time, A Place, A Journey...
10  NORAH JONES:  Feels Like Home
10  ROY POWELL:  Solace
10  TAKASHI:  Storm Zone
10  TUEY CONNELL:  Under the Influence
  9  BILL CHARLAP:  Somewhere - the Songs of Leonard Bernstein
  9  FRED HERSCH:  The Fred Hersch Trio + 2
  9  LORI MECHEM QUARTET:  Shiny Stockings
  8  BRAD MEHLDAU TRIO:  Anything Goes
  8  NOAH BAERMAN:  Patch Kit
  8  ROBERT JOSPE:  Hands On
  8  RUBY BLUE:  Skin
  8  RUSSELL MALONE:  Playground
  7  ANGELA HAGENBACH:  Poetry of Love
  7  DIANE WITHERSPOON:  L.A. After Dark
  7  JIM ROTONDI:  The Pleasure Dome
  6  STEFON HARRIS & BLACKOUT:  Evolution
  6  WYNTON MARSALIS QUARTET:  The Magic Hour
  5  BENNIE WALLACE:  The Nearness of You
  5  ROB WALKER JAZZ QUINTET:  A Cat in the Alley
  5  TARDO HAMMER:  Tardo's Tempo
  4  KEN HATFIELD:  The Surrealist Table
  4  RAY VEGA:  Squeeze Squeeze
  4  VARIOUS:  Ultimate Mancini
  3  BRIAN LYNCH & BILL CHARLAP: Brian Lynch Meets Bill Charlap
  2  HONOLULU JAZZ QUARTET:  Sounds of the City
  2  JOE KAP ORGAN TRIO:  Street Noise
  2  JOEL FRAHM & BRAD MEHLDAU:  Don't Explain
  2  LARRY VUCKOVICH:  Reunion
  2  PAUL SILBERGLEIT:  My New Attitude

      New adds:
      ED THIGPEN SCANTET:  #1
      BRENT JENSEN/ROB WALKER:  Art of the Groove
      BEEGIE ADAIR TRIO:  Days of Wine and Roses
      WARREN VACHE:  Dream Dancing
      NATASHA MILLER:  I Had a Feelin'
      KENNY BARRON QUINTET:  Images
      JOHN STEIN TRIO:  Interplay
      VINCENT HERRING:  Mr. Wizard
      BEN SIDRAN:  Nick's Bump
      DIANE MARINO:  On the Street Where You Live
      ZONA SUL:  Pure Love
      MATT CRISCUOLO:  Streets of New York
      SUSIE ARIOLI BAND:  That's For Me
      HARVEY MASON BAND:  With All My Heart
      QUINCY JONES & BILL COSBY:  The Original Jam Sessions

Dave Becker
WOI-AM/FM & JazzWorks
2022 Communications Bldg.
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50014
(515) 294-2146
daveb at iastate.edu

You'll find information on JazzWorks at http://jazzworks.net/.

"Jazz musicians are the only workers I can think of who are willing to put
in a full shift for pay and then go somewhere else and continue working for
free."
    - George Carlin