[JPL] WDIY Top Plays & Doodlin' Playlist

Mo Noretsky mo.noretsky at verizon.net
Wed Jul 7 21:48:19 EDT 2004

Top Station Plays -7/7/04 (20 hours of weekly Jazz/Blues Programming)
Top 10:
Mulgrew Miller - Live at Yoshi's - MaxJazz
Ben Allison - Buzz - Palmetto
McCoy Tyner – Illuminations - Telarc
Harvey Mason - With All My Heart - Bluebird
Kenny Barron - Images - Sunnyside
Benny Green/Russell Malone - Bluebird - Telarc
Steve Nelson - Fuller Nelson - Sunnyside
Bobby Watson - Horizon Reassembled - Palmetto
Antonio Hart - All We Need - Downtown Sound
Benny Golson - Terminal 1 - Concord
11-20:
Tomasz Stanko - Suspended Variations - ECM
Stefon Harris & Blackout - Evolution - Blue Note
Joe Lovano - I'm All For You - Blue Note
Jean-Pierre Mas - (H)ombre - Sunnyside
Jackie Allen - Love is Blue - A440
Glauco Sagebin - When Baden Meets Trane - Blue Toucan
John Stetch – Solo Piano - Justin Time
Danny Zeitlin - Slickrock - MaxJazz
Brent Jensen/Rob Walker - Art of the Groove - Origin
Frank Kimbrough - Lullabluebye - Palmetto
and...
Quincy Jones & Bill Cosby - Original Jam Sessions - Concord
Diana Krall - The Girl in the Other Room - Verve
Tineke Postma - First Avenue - Munich
Aaron Choulai - Place - Sunnyside
Roseanna Vitro - Tropical Postcards - A-Records
Diane Delin/Dennis Luxion - Duality - Blujazz
Karrin Allyson - Wild For You - Concord
Larry Coryell - Tricycles - In+Out
Eliane Elias - Dreamer - Bluebird
Ed Thigpen - Scantet #1 - Stunt Records
Greg Osby - Public - Blue Note
Joe Locke - Dear Life - Sirocco
Frank Vignola/Joe Ascione - The Frank & Joe Show - Hyena
Lonnie Plaxico - Live At Jazz Standard - 441
Gerald Beckett - Traveling West - Summit
Joan Stiles - Love Call - Zohø
Fred Hersch - Trio + 2 - Palmetto Records
Oliver Lake - Dat Love - Passin' Thru
Bill Charlap - Somewhere - Blue Note
Susie Arioli - That's For Me - Justin Time
Marilyn Harris - Future Street - Wrightwood Records
Dr. Michael White - Dancing In The Sky - Basin Street
Sean Jones - Eternal Journey - Mack Avenue
Adds:
Matthew Van Doren - In This Present Moment - B-Cat
Terry Gibbs - 52nd & Broadway - Mack Ave
Marlena Shaw - Lookin' For Love - 441 Records
Don Friedman - Hot House - Chiaroscuro
James Silberstein - Song for Micaela - CAP

Doodlin' - July 6, 2004 - Host: Mo Noretsky
Artist - Song - Album - Label
Lambert, Hendricks & Ross - Doodlin' (Theme) - Twisted - Rhino
Brent Jensen/Rob Walker - Evan's Pen - Art of the Groove - Origin
Antonio Hart - Crystal - All We Need - Downtown Sound
Michelle Samuels - Hum Drum Blues - Across a Crowded Room - Michell
Samuels
Quincy Jones & Bill Cosby - Oh Happy Day - The Original Jam Sessions -
Concord

Ben Allison - Erato - Buzz - Palmetto
Jerry Gonzalez - Pirata De Lucia - Y Los Piratas De Flamenco - Sunnyside
Matthew Van Doren - Balance - In This Present Moment - B-Cat

Tineke Postma - Moody Voyage - First Avenue - Munich
Diane Delin/Dennis Luxion - Awakening - Duality - Blujazz

Glauco Sagebin - Nada Como te Amor - When Baden Meets Trane - Blue
Toucan
Roseanna Vitro - I Remember You - Tropical Postcards - A-Record
Bobby Watson & Horizon - Pere - Horizon Reassembled - Palmetto

James Silberstein - Aqua - Song for Micaela - CAP
Joan Stiles - Creole Love Call - Love Call - Zoho
Jackie Allen - Taste of Honey - Love is Blue - A440

Jean-Pierre Mas - Salambo - (H)ombre - Sunnyside
John Stetch - Little Rootie Tootie - Solo Piano - Justin Time
Marlena Shaw - Easy Living - Lookin' for Love - 441 Records
Horace Silver - Doodlin' (Theme) - Best of - Blue Note