[JPL] WNMC Jazz lists for 7/2 - 7/8

Eric Hines EHines at message.nmc.edu
Tue Jul 13 12:03:14 EDT 2004

WNMC
90.7 fm
Traverse City, MI
(Now we're The Stoat *  sleek but nasty!)

See if you can recognize any of these names! I just noticed there is a dearth of the dead on my lists this week, but that's just a coincidence. I always give the dead their due.

Anyhow,

CMJ Top 10 Jazz:
#   ARTIST                        Recording
1   JAZZ ON THE LATIN SIDE ALL STARS The Last Bullfighter
2   OLIVER LAKE                   Dat Love
3   PAUL WEST                     Being Alone
4   KIT MCCLURE BAND              The Sweethearts Project
5   JOE LOVANO                    I'm All For You
6   FRANK AND JOE SHOW            33 1/3
7   QUINCY JONES AND BILL COSBY   The Original Jam Sessions 1969
8   KARRIN ALLYSON                Wild For You
9   JIMMY COBB'S MOB              Cobb's Groove
10   MARY LOU WILLIAMS             Black Christ Of The Andes

CMJ Adds:
#   ARTIST                        Recording
1   HORACIO HERNANDEZ             Italuba
2   JERRY GONZALEZ                los piratas del flamenco
3   MOACIR SANTOS                 Ouro Negro
4   GIACOMO GATES                 Centerpiece
5   HERBIE MANN/PHIL WOODS        Beyond Brooklyn

--eric

Eric Hines
General Manager
WNMC-FM