[JPL] Fw: Marsalis' `All Rise' A Worthy And Imperfect Work

Eric Jackson eric-jackson at comcast.net
Tue Jul 13 17:03:21 EDT 2004

>> Metcalf saves me from the challenge of writing my own review, which
> wouldn't deviate much from his.  tr at wfcr.org
>
>> From ctnow.com
>> Marsalis' `All Rise' A Worthy And Imperfect Work

Metcalf only makes one comment about Wynton's playing. He says he didn't
solo enough. I went to see Wyntom June 30 at the Montreal Jazz Festival.
The concert was canceled because Wynton's lip was so sore he wasn't able
to play. The concert with the BSO was July 9th. Maybe that was why he
didn't solo more.

Eric Jackson
Monday - Thursday 7PM - Mid
WGBH Boston 89.7