[JPL] Fw: Marsalis' lip problem

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 13 21:27:58 EDT 2004

I saw Wynton w/quintet at the Toronto Downtown Jazz Fest on June 29. He
played his full concert in the main tent, then a friend told me he and
members of his band played in the hotel lounge in the jam session from
2:00-4:00 am. Maybe that's where he blew out his lip, causing him to cancel
his Montreal gig the next night?

For anyone interested, my reviews of the Toronto Jazz Fest and the Puerto
Rico Jazz Fest are on the JazzTimes website: http://jazztimes.com.

Larry Appelbaum
WPFW-FM