[JPL]WFCR "Jazz à la Mode" July 13, 2004

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Tue Jul 13 21:45:28 EDT 2004

JAZZ A LA MODE
WFCR/AMHERST, MASS.
8 P.M.-MIDNIGHT
PRODUCER/HOST:  TOM RENEY

DATE: Tuesday, July 13, 2004
Pennies From Heaven	Joey DeFrancesco	(Plays Sinatra His Way)	High Note

But Beautiful	Betty Carter	(I Can't Help It)	Impulse
Lonely Town	Frank Sinatra	(Where Are You?)	Capitol
Walking After Midnight	Tierney Sutton	(Something Cool)	Telarc

It's Alright With Me	Benny Green & Russell Malone	(Bluebird)	Telarc
Romantic Rag	Eric Reed	(Happiness)	Nagel Heyer

(Joey D headlines Hartford Jazz Fest 7/17)
Perdido	Joey DeFrancesco	(The Philadelphia Connection)	High Note
Witchcraft	Joey DeFrancesco	(Plays Sinatra His Way)	High Note
Ceora 	Joey DeFrancesco	(Ballads and Blues)	Concord Jazz

The Second Time Around	Steve Nelson	(Fuller Nelson)	Sunnyside
Jumping With Symphony Sid	Terry Gibbs	(52nd and Broadway)	Mack Avenue
Tickle Toe	Dave Glasser	(Begin Again)	Chiaroscuro
Lester Leaps In/I Got the Blues 	Giacomo Gates	(Centerpiece)	Origin

Blues Nouveau	Jim Rotondi	(New Vistas)	Criss Cross
Selma March 	Grant Green, Jr.	(Introducing GG)	Jazzateria
Through the Fire 	Don Braden	(The New Hang)	High Note

Some Echoes
She Was Young
Nowhere One
Colors
Home 	Steve Swallow/Sheila Jordan	(Home: Poems of Robert Creeley)	ECM

Leroy Vinnegar, b. 7/13/28)
Blues on Purpose	Leroy Vinnegar	(Walkin' the Basses)	Contemporary
A Walkin' Thing	Benny Carter	(Jazz Giant)	Contemporary
Work Song	Kenny Drew	(Home Is Where the Soul Is)	Xanadu
Sunset Eyes 	Teddy Edwards	(Sunset Eyes)	Pacific Jazz

(Featured recording)
This Time
I'm Yours, You're Mine
Lonely House  	Betty Carter	(I'm Yours, You're Mine)	Verve

Spanish Castle Magic	Turner/Ballard/Grenadier	(Fly)	Savoy Jazz
Mauritania	Ben Allison	(Buzz)	Palmetto
Jitterbug Waltz
Bound for So Australia 	Nicki and Lisa Parrott	(The Awabakal Suite)	Monkey Pants

Close Your Eyes
Useless Landscape
East of the Sun
September Song  	Betty Carter	(I'm Yours, You're Mine)	Verve