[JPL] Y Los Piratas Del Flamenco!

Michael Valentine mjazzer at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 13:12:29 EDT 2004

  I'm diggin this release also.  I also like the Kirl Lightsey The Nights Of Bradley's, too bad Bradley's isn't around anymore

Eric Hines <ehines at message.nmc.edu> wrote:************************************************
This week's sponsor is: The JazzWeek Shop!

provided by Yellow Dog Communications, Inc.
For more information visit us at http://jpl.yellowdog.com
To become a sponsor contact Tony Gasparre
at tony at yellowdog.com or 585-235-4685.

Big second (third?) on the Gonzalez rec. There's a bunch of interesting musical activity going on in Spain, it seems.

Chano Domiguez and Jerry worked on the Martirio discs which got a lot of positive response here, and Chano's recent disc had some really interesting stuff on it as well.

I especially enjoy the incorporation of palmas (driving polyrhythmic clapping) on some of the pieces on these albums.

Great, fresh-sounding stuff.

--eric

Eric Hines
General Manager
WNMC-FM
http://www.wnmc.org
1701 East Front St.
Traverse City, MI 49686

231-995-2562
>>> bjackson at wcpn.org 07/13/04 1:59 PM >>>
provided by Yellow Dog Communications, Inc.
For more information visit us at http://jpl.yellowdog.com
To become a sponsor contact Tony Gasparre
at tony at yellowdog.com or 585-235-4685.

Garrett wrote.......

"One of the most exciting things happening right now here at Sunnyside is the UNBELIEVABLE success that we're having with Jerry Gonzalez y Los Piratas del Flamenco on Apple iTunes. All last week, the record was the TOP TEN best sellers list - along side Krall, Cullum, Trane, Ellington, etc. For those of you that don't use iTunes yet, the tastes of the consumers there tend to be on the safe side. So for this to happen with Jerry's record is quite remarkable. You have to spend time with this record - it is quite georgeous and rewarding on all levels. It was released in Europe last year and fans of Jerry's and El Cigala's have been waiting for this release."

What a fabulous recording!

Black Beans and Ricely Yours,

Bobby Jackson
WCPN-FM
Cleveland, OH

This week's sponsor is : Concord Records

Going for adds and spins!

Karrin Allyson - Wild For You

One of the most lauded voices in jazz today and, not coincidentally, a true artist who views the spirit of jazz as a license to let her boundless creativity run wild and free, not as a cage of arbitrary limits-the always-adventurous and engaging Karrin Allyson now presents an entire album of the songs she "grew up with."

These are the songs that inspired the Grammy¨-nominated vocalist to sing in the first place-the now-classic pop gems by such singer-songwriters as Elton John, Carole King, Joni Mitchell, Bonnie Raitt, Carly Simon, Cat Stevens, James Taylor and others.

Artfully restyled by her unmistakable alto voice, Karrin's favorite songs are utterly transformed and unleashed by her untamed passion and unbridled artistry.

Radio Promotion:
Jane Purcell Dashow
jazzzdog promotions
212-679-1445

jazzzdog at nyc.rr.com

This week's sponsor is : The JazzWeek Shop!

You can shop for jazz books, music, videos and JazzWeek clothing. Your purchases help support JazzWeek, musicians and authors. You can also subscribe to weekly e-mail newsletters from JazzWeek with links to buy the top CDs most heard Jazz and Smooth Jazz Radio.

We have NEW JazzWeek gear. Show your support by wearing JazzWeek. Hats, shirts and jerseys are marked down and on sale for a limited time. Speaking of limited; we have special new color shirts, something for your baby and your pooch!

Go to : http://www.jazzweek.com/shop/

Peace &  Jazz

    Michael A. Valentine