[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 7/18

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Thu Jul 15 10:18:55 EDT 2004

Here’s what will be airing on Jazz All Night on the program’s return to WCLV
FM in Cleveland:

Performer                      Music                  Recording Title
Label
12:00Mid
Count Basie             Count ‘Em         Little Old Groovemaker
Verve
Irene Kral        I Fall in Love Too Easily           Just for Now
Jazzed Media
Mike Wofford       Take the Coltrane          Time Café               Azica
Jackie Warren          Some Other Time        Near You           JWI
Bill Charlap          Lonely Town              Somewhere              Blue
Note
Ali Ryerson-Rex Cadwallader        America          Broadway        Stanza
Terry Gibbs       Doxy            52nd and Broadway          Mack Avenue
Buddy DeFranco       East of the Sun       Cookin’ the Books     Arbors

1:00AM
Irene Kral         Here’s That Rainy Day       Just for Now      Jazzed
Media
Scott Hamilton-Harry Allen        Ow!          Heavy Juice      Concord
Ernie Krivda          Night Rider and Pan      Focus on Stan Getz
Cadence
Benny Golson      Park Avenue Petite       Terminal 1         Concord
Lee Konitz           Invitation        More Live-Lee           Milestone
Herbie Mann-Phil Woods       Little Niles
                                                     Beyond Brooklyn
Manchester Craftsmens’ Guild

2:00AM
Irene Kral       The Meaning of the Blues      Just for Now     Jazzed Media
Helen Merrill       Something I Dreamed Last Night     Lilac Wine
Sunnyside
Joe Lovano      Early Autumn        I’m All for You       Blue Note
Sean Jones     Somewhere Over the Rainbow    Eternal Journey     Mack Avenue
Chris Potter     Stella by Starlight       Lift         Sunnyside
Kirk Lightsey         Speak No Evil         The Nights of Bradley’s
Sunnyside
Aaron Choulai        The Return of Dixon           Place
Sunnyside

3:00AM
Irene Kral        Wheelers and Dealers         Just for Now      Jazzed
Media
Karen Gallinger        Peel Me a Grape      Kinda Blues      Mindseye Jazz
Dave Frishberg       Swinging the Classics Medley    Do You Miss New York?
Arbors
Dave Frishberg       My Attorney Bernie              Classics
Concord
Dave Frishberg         I’m Hip                   Classics
Concord
Gerry Mulligan     Big City Blues/Life      Complete Verve          Mosaic
Gerry Mulligan             Gold Rush             Pleyel Concert        Vogue
Steve Kuhn            Nostalgia            Promises Kept             ECM
Kenny Barron             Miss Missy               Images
Sunnyside

4:00AM
Irene Kral             Just for Now               (same)            Jazzed
Media
Luciana Souza            House                 Neruda
Sunnyside
Jackie Warren        Black Orpheus           Near You             JWI
Jerry Gonzalez       Obsesion        Y Los Piratas del Flamenco    Sunnyside
Latin Jazz Quintet-Eric Dolphy    Mambo Ricci     Ritmo Afro-Cubano
Fantasy
Von Freeman           Blue Pres                The Great Divide
Premonition
Malachi Thompson     Blues for a Saint Called Louis Suite   Blue Jazz
Delmark

5:00AM
Irene Kral             Where is Love?         Just for Now           Jazzed
Media
Lonnie Plaxico     You Don’t Know What Love Is
                                                    Live at Jazz Standard
441 Records
Bobby Watson            The Love We Had Yesterday
                                                  Horizon Reassembled
Palmetto
Chuck Owen          Off Flow         Here We Are          Sea Breeze
Bob Mintzer       El Caborojeno       Live at MCG      Manchester Craftsmen’
s Guild
Moacir Santos       Ouro Negro     Cosa No2. 5 and 6        Adventure Music
Ed Thigpen         Bombay         Scantet No. 1            Stunt Records
Joe Temperley    Things Ain’t What They Used to Be    Easy to Remember
Hep Jazz

John Simna
jsimna at wclv.com <mailto:jsimna at wclv.com>

WCLV