[JPL] JzFmS4 Playlist WGBH 7/16/04

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Jul 17 02:12:34 EDT 2004

Friday, July 16, 7pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

WINNERS OF THE 52ND ANNUAL DOWN BEAT CRITICS POLL
with Focus on ROY HAYNES (Drummer of The Year and Hall of Fame Winner)
Also Alan Dawson (b. 7/14/1929) : A Jazz Portrait

7:05pm
THEME; Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin,
Speakin My Piece (Blue Note)

7:06pm
Kenny Barron/Regina Carter: Don't Explain, A Great Night in Harlem (Concord)

7:25pm
Roy Haynes: Twinkle Trinkle, Fountain of Youth (Dreyfus)
Thelonious Monk: Blues Five Spot,
The Complete Riverside Recordings (Riverside)
Charlie Parker: Ornithology, Boston 1952 (Uptown)

7:49pm
Toots Thielemans: If you Could See Me Now, Footprints (Emarcy)
Bill Charlap: Somewhere, Somewhere (Blue Note)

8:03pm
ALAN DAWSON: A JAZZ PORTRAIT: Radio Documentary
(Produced by WGBH/Not available commercially)

8:36pm
Luciana Souza: Se e Tarde me Perdoa, Live At The Gardner Museum
(WGBH Recording not available commercially)
Cassandra Wilson: Skylark, new Moon Daughter (Blue Note)

8:47pm
Conrad Herwig: Blue in Green, Another Kind of Blue (Half Note)

8:57pm
Roy Haynes: Bud Powell, Homecoming (Evidence)
Bud Powell: Bouncing with Bud, The Amazing Bud Powell Volume One (Blue Note)
Chick Corea: Martix, Now He Sings, Now He Sobs (Blue Note)

9:20pm
Dave Holland Quintet: Bedouin Trail, Extended Play Live at Birdland (ECM)
Mingus Big Band: Gunslinging Bird, The Essential Mingus Big Band (Dreyfus)

9:43pm
Kurt Elling: My Foolish Heart, This Time It's Love (Blue Note)
Andy Bey: Sophisticated Lady, Chillin with Andy Bey (Minor Music)
Mark Murphy: A Man Ain't Supposed To Cry, Memories of You (HighNote)

10:07pm
Roy Haynes: Moon Ray, Out of The Afternoon (Impulse)
Lester Young: Crazy Over JZ, President 1946-1949 (Blue Moon)
Stan Getz: Too Marvelous For Words, Stan Getz Quartets (Prestige)
Roy Haynes: Dorian, Cracklin (Prestige New jazz)

10:31pm
Lee Konitz: The Night Had A Thousand Eyes, Dovetail (Sunnyside)
Keith Jarrett: I Thought About You, Bye Bye Blackbird (ECM)
Russell Malone: You Should Know Better, Playground (MaxJazz)

10:51pm
Maria Schneider: Three Romances/Pas de Deux,
Concert in The Garden (Maria Schneider Records)
Jeremy Pelt: Weird Nightmare, Close to My Heart (MaxJazz)

11:15pm
Poncho Sanchez: Ju Ju, Latin Spirits (Concord Picante)
Ray Baretto: Sleeping Dancer Sleep On, Homage To Art (Sunnyside)

11:30pm
Roy Haynes : Sippin At Bells, Roy Haynes Trio featuring Danilo Perez (Verve)
Miles Davis: Down, Miles Davis Jazz Showcase (Prestige)
Sarah Vaughan: Shulie A Bop, The Divine Miss V (Jazsz World)
Roy Haynes: My Shining Hour, Love Letters (Columbia Eighty Eights)

11:51pm
Joe Lovano: Countdown, I'm All For You (Blue Note)
Steve Lacy: Azure, Ten of Dukes (Senators Music)

END