[JPL]WFCR "Jazz à la Mode" July 15

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Sun Jul 18 08:30:57 EDT 2004

JAZZ À LA MODE
Host: Tom Reney

Philly Joe Jones, b. 7/15/23 *
Ben Riley, b. 7/17/33 **

Selection      Performers      (Record Title)      Record Label

Ah-Leu-Cha * Miles Davis ('Round About Midnight) Columbia

Someday My Prince Will Come Cindy Blackman (Someday.) High Note
Park Avenue Petite Benny Golson (Terminal 1) Concord

I Love Paris Coleman Hawkins
Just One of Those Things Lena Horne
Begin the Beguine Artie Shaw (It's Delovely: Authentic Cole Porter) Bluebird

If I Were a Bell Milgrew Miller (Live at Yoshi's) Max Jazz
All of You * Miles Davis ('Round About Midnight) Columbia

Lemoncello Bobby Watson (Horizon Reassembled) Palmetto
Hindsight Harvey Mason (With All My Heart) Bluebird
Just You, Just Me ** Thelonious Monk (Monk) Columbia

You Hit the Nail on the Head Bobby Blue Bland (Blues at Midnight) Malaco
T-Bone Shuffle Duke Robillard (Blue Mood: Songs of T-Bone Walker) Stony Plain
Stormy Monday Blues T-Bone Walker (T-Bone Blues) Atlantic
Segue in C Count Basie (Chairman of the Board) Roulette

Barbados ** Sphere (Bird Songs) Verve
Recorda Me Joan Carroll (Boplicity) www.footprintsjazz.com
Weird Nightmare Jeremy Pelt (Close to My Heart) Max Jazz

Local Color/Can You Dig It? Billy Taylor (Urban Griot) Soundpost
Bruh' Slim Antonio Hart (All We Need) Downtown Sound
Next Time I See You  Adderley & Ernie Andrews (Live Session) Capitol Jazz
Corner Pocket Winard Harper (Come Into the Light) Savant

Blues for Dracula
Trick Street
Fiesta * Philly Joe Jones (Blues for Dracula) Riverside

New York Slick Ron Carter (The Golden Striker) Blue Note
Sugar Buzz Russell Malone (Playground) Max Jazz
Love for Sale Benny Green/Russell Malone (Bluebird) Telarc

Tune Uo
Ow! * Philly Joe Jones (Blues for Dracula) Riverside

Manenberg Revisited ** Abdullah Ibrahim (Water From an Ancient Well) Enja
'Round Midnight ** Thelonious Monk (Live at the Jazz Workshop) Columbia

In the Fall
You Didn't Think
Ice Cream
Echo
Midnight  Steve Swallow/Sheila Jordan (Home: Poems of Robert Creeley) ECM

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
WFCR
Public Radio for Western New England