[JPL] WFCR_"Jazz_à_la_Mode"_July_15,_2004

CARLOS FERNANDEZ altrumusic at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 18 07:51:35 EDT 2004

Hello; I would like to send Altru Music's new release East Coast Standards Time. It features Ira Sullivan,Rich Walker Sextet and others. Please send a mailing address and I will mail it to you.   Thanks  Carlos Fernandez

Tom Reney <tr at wfcr.org> wrote:************************************************
This week's sponsor is: The JazzWeek Shop!

provided by Yellow Dog Communications, Inc.
For more information visit us at http://jpl.yellowdog.com
To become a sponsor contact Tony Gasparre
at tony at yellowdog.com or 585-235-4685.

JAZZ A LA MODE
WFCR/AMHERST, MASS.
8 P.M.-MIDNIGHT
PRODUCER/HOST: TOM RENEY
tr at wfcr.org

DATE: Thursday, July 15, 2004
Philly Joe Jones, b. 7/15/23 *
Ben Riley, b. 7/17/33 **
Ah-Leu-Cha * Miles Davis ('Round About Midnight) Columbia

Someday My Prince Will Come Cindy Blackman (Someday.) High Note
Park Avenue Petite Benny Golson (Terminal 1) Concord

I Love Paris Coleman Hawkins
Just One of Those Things Lena Horne
Begin the Beguine Artie Shaw (It's Delovely: Authentic Cole Porter) Bluebird

If I Were a Bell Milgrew Miller (Live at Yoshi's) Max Jazz
All of You * Miles Davis ('Round About Midnight) Columbia

Lemoncello Bobby Watson (Horizon Reassembled) Palmetto
Hindsight Harvey Mason (With All My Heart) Bluebird
Just You, Just Me ** Thelonious Monk (Monk) Columbia

You Hit the Nail on the Head Bobby Blue Bland (Blues at Midnight) Malaco
T-Bone Shuffle Duke Robillard (Blue Mood: Songs of T-Bone Walker) Stony Plain
Stormy Monday Blues T-Bone Walker (T-Bone Blues) Atlantic
Segue in C Count Basie (Chairman of the Board) Roulette

Barbados ** Sphere (Bird Songs) Verve
Recorda Me Joan Carroll (Boplicity) www.footprintsjazz.com
Weird Nightmare Jeremy Pelt (Close to My Heart) Max Jazz

Local Color/Can You Dig It? Billy Taylor (Urban Griot) Soundpost
Bruh' Slim Antonio Hart (All We Need) Downtown Sound
Next Time I See You Adderley & Ernie Andrews (Live Session) Capitol Jazz
Corner Pocket Winard Harper (Come Into the Light) Savant

Blues for Dracula
Trick Street
Fiesta * Philly Joe Jones (Blues for Dracula) Riverside

New York Slick Ron Carter (The Golden Striker) Blue Note
Sugar Buzz Russell Malone (Playground) Max Jazz
Love for Sale Benny Green/Russell Malone (Bluebird) Telarc

Tune Uo
Ow! * Philly Joe Jones (Blues for Dracula) Riverside

Manenberg Revisited ** Abdullah Ibrahim (Water From an Ancient Well) Enja
'Round Midnight ** Thelonious Monk (Live at the Jazz Workshop) Columbia

In the Fall
You Didn't Think
Ice Cream
Echo
Midnight Steve Swallow/Sheila Jordan (Home: Poems of Robert Creeley) ECM

www.wfcr.org

This week's sponsor is : The JazzWeek Shop!

Shop at the JazzWeek Shop for jazz books, music, videos and JazzWeek clothing. All purchases help support JazzWeek, musicians and authors. You can also subscribe to weekly e-mail newsletters from JazzWeek with links to buy the top CDs most heard Jazz and Smooth Jazz Radio.

We have NEW JazzWeek gear. Show your support by wearing JazzWeek. Hats, shirts and jerseys are marked down for a limited time. Speaking of limited; we have special new color shirts, a value priced t-shirt, something for your baby and your pooch!

Go to : http://www.jazzweek.com/shop