[JPL] THE NEXT JAZZ AMERICA ON VOA

RUSSELL DAVIS davispro at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 19 20:26:27 EDT 2004

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice of
America, now heard by more listeners than ever before!

JAZZ AMERICA is now heard not only on the entertainment service MusicMix,
but also on the worldwide VOA service via shortwave transmission.

The show is two hours long and reaches a potential audience of 94 million
listeners worldwide each weekend.  Visit the Voice of America website @
www.voamusicmix.net to get more information including when it is webcast in
your timezone as well as when and how to hear it via shortwave.

AlsoŠplease take note of the email address for the show.  For any comments
or inquires you can reach me at jazz-america at voa.gov.

Russ Davis

davis programs
163 third avenue/p.m.b. # 259
new york,ny 10003
email...jazz-america at voa.gov

JAZZ AMERICAŠ SHOW #525Š24-25 JULY, 2004
MICHAEL BRECKER-timeline (time is of the essence)
KARRIN ALLYSON-help me (wild for you)
*Joe Lovano interview segment
JOE LOVANO-I¹m all for you  (I¹m all for you)
COLEMAN HAWKINS-I love paris (1956)
JACKY TERRASSON- I love paris (a paris)
JEANIE BRYSON-skydive (tonight I need you so)
DAVE SAMUELS-soul sauce (tjaderized)
*Joe Lovano interview segment
JOE LOVANO-stella by starlight (I¹m all for you)

JAZZ AMERICAŠ SHOW #526Š24-25 JULY, 2004
JOSHUA REDMAN-mischief (moodswing)
NNENNA FREELON-better than anything (live at montreux)
*Joe Lovano interview segment
JOE LOVANO-don¹t blame me  (I¹m all for you)
STEFON HARRIS-nothing personal (evolution)
REGINA BELLE-moanin¹ (lazy afternoon)
*Joe Lovano interview segment
JOE LOVANO-countdown  (I¹m all for you)
CHICK COREA ELEKTRIC BAND-johnny¹s landing (the the stars)

SHOW #527-528Š31 JULY-1 AUGUST, 2004
Featured artist: CHARLIE HUNTER
NEW CD: ³Friends Seen And Unseen²
Plus music from Dave Brubeck & Dexter Gordon