[JPL]WFCR "Jazz à la Mode" July 19

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Mon Jul 19 21:49:49 EDT 2004

JAZZ A LA MODE
WFCR/AMHERST, MASS.
8 P.M.-MIDNIGHT
PRODUCER/HOST:  TOM RENEY

DATE: Monday, July 19, 2004
Billy Taylor, b. 7/24/21; in concert 7/22 @ UMass

Nice Work if You Can Get It	Billy Taylor	(Billy Taylor Trio)	Prestige

Did I Remember	Etta Jones	(Always in Our Hearts)	High Note
The Breeze and I	Jim Rotondi	(The Pleasure Dome)	Sharp Nine

I'm Old Fashioned	Pete Christlieb & Warne Marsh	(Apogee)	Rhino/Warner
In Love in Vain	Tierney Sutton	(Introducing Tierney Sutton)	A Records
They Didn't Believe Me	Lucky Thompson	(Plays Jerome Kern and No More)	Prestige

Get Ready	Johnny Hodges	(Complete Verve Small Groups)	Mosaic
That Old Black Magic	Ella Fitzgerald	(Mack the Knife: Ella in Berlin)	Verve
What a Difference a Day Makes	Mulgrew Miller	(Live at Yoshi's)	Max Jazz

Blood Count
We Will Meet Again	Herbie Mann/Phil Woods	(Beyond Brooklyn)	MCG
Moon of Manakoora	Benny Carter	(Sax à la Carter)	Capitol
Tell This Poor Fool	Meredith D'Ambrosia	(Love Is For the Birds)	Sunnyside

Concert in the Garden	Maria Schneider	(Concert in the Garden)	Artist Share
All Is Quiet	Bob Mintzer	(Live at MCG w Kurt Elling)	MCG

Bright Side	Steve Davis	(Meant to Be)	Criss Cross
A Riddle Song	Fred Hersch	(Trio + 2)	Palmetto
Greenhouse	Winston Byrd	(Soul Searchin')	DYP

Plymouth Rock	Count Basie	(King of Swing)	Verve
What'd I Say	Frank Wess	(North, South, East, Wess)	Savoy Jazz
Alimony Blues	Duke Robillard	(Blue Mood: Songs of T-Bone Walker)	Stony Plain
Ow!	Scott Hamilton-Harry Allen	(Heavy Juice)	Concord Jazz

Birdwatcher
Ceora
Is This the Blues?
Solo for Flugelhorn
Same Old Seven 	Billy Taylor	(The Jazzmobile All-Stars)	Taylor-Made

Ghost of a Chance	Steve Nelson	(Fuller Nelson)	Sunnyside
My One and Only Love	Horace Silver	(The Styl;ings of Silver)	Blue Note
Summertime	Bill Evans	(How My Heart Sings!)	Riverside

Fanfare for Soprano Sax
Valse
Turnaround
Ballade
Sketch 	Billy Taylor	(The Jazzmobile All-Stars)	Taylor-Made