[JPL] James Williams

Rebecca Risman rebeccar at concordrecords.com
Tue Jul 20 11:38:35 EDT 2004

I'm sorry to pass along the news that jazz pianist James Williams died
last night.

For those of you who didn't know James, he was one of the good ones-a
terrific guy and a great jazz musician.  He's woven into our company's
legacy on Concord recordings with Art Blakey, Karrin's
Ballads-Remembering John Coltrane, Nnenna's Soulcall, and recordings
under his own name including an entry in the Maybeck Recital Hall
Series, to mention a few...

Rebecca Risman
Director Radio Promotion
Concord Records