[JPL] James Williams

Jim Wilke jwilke123 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 20 12:34:07 EDT 2004

That news saddens me so.  I've known him since the Blakey days
(1980-81), and he was a very friendly, generous man who always seemed
glad to see you, even if it had been years since your last meeting.
I last saw him in NYC in January when he was very pleased to hand me
his set of four CDs of "Jazz Dialogues" which included more than 40
duets with various musicians.  He was rightfully proud of the set and
it's a fitting reminder of his spirit of sharing the music and the
spotlight with others.   There's a nice photo of James at one of our
meetings at http://jazzafterhours.org/gallery.html

Rest in peace, my friend.

Jim Wilke
Jazz After Hours, PRI