[JPL] James Williams

John La Barbera deaver at otherside.com
Tue Jul 20 18:16:35 EDT 2004

In conversation with Curtis Fuller during our teaching stint at the
Skidmore Institute two weeks ago, he informed me that James was on a
waiting list for a liver transplant.  I believe he said it was a tumor on
his liver and the prognosis was liver cancer. As with a lot of the
information we musicians get, it must be taken with reserve, but Curtis
seemed pretty well informed.

James made a lot of music during his 52 years with us.  Echoing all of the
comments I've read here, not only was he a great piano player, he was a
genuine human being and will be missed.  John La Barbera