[JPL]WFCR "Jazz à la Mode" July 20

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Tue Jul 20 22:04:06 EDT 2004

JAZZ A LA MODE
WFCR/AMHERST, MASS.
8 P.M.-MIDNIGHT
PRODUCER/HOST:  TOM RENEY

DATE: Tuesday, July 20, 2004
James Williams, R.I.P. b.  3/8/51; d. 7/19/04
Freddy Cole, appearing Litchfield Jazz Fest 8/7/04

I Remember You	Freddy Cole	(Merry-Go-Round)	Telarc

Time After Time	James Williams	(Magical Trio!)	DIW
How Deep Is the Ocean?	Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers	(In Sweden)	Concord Jazz
Lotus Blossom	James Williams	(Talkin' Trash)	DIW

Meet Me at No Special Place
Too Marvelous for Words	Nat King Cole	(Best of Vocal Classics)	Capitol Jazz
One At a Time	Freddy Cole	(Le Grand Freddy)	Fantasy

Alter Ego	James Williams	(Alter Ego)	Sunnyside
I Fall in Love Too Easily	James Williams	(Piano at Maybeck)	Concord Jazz
The Soulful Mr. Timmons	James Williams	(Magical Trio, Vol. 1)	Emarcy

Oleo	Kirk Lightsey	(The Night's of Bradley's)	Sunnyside
Solar	Donald Harrison	(Heroes)	Nagel Heyer
Four by Five	Vincent Herring	(Mr. Wizard)	High Note
Gingerbread Boy 	Bobby Watson	(Horizon Reassembled)	Palmetto

Blues for J	Ronnie Earl	(Now My Soul)	Stony Plain
The Ironic Twist	Jimmie Vaughan	(Out There)	Epic
Hard Times 	Jimmy McGriff	(Feelin' It)	Milestone
Like Back in the Day 	Ron Levy's Wild Kingdom	(After Midnight Grooves)	Levtronic Music

Hard Hittin'
Violets for Your Furs 	Von Freeman	(The Great Divide)	Premonition
Boogie Stop Shuffle 	Chris Potter	(Lift: Live at the Village Vanguard)	Sunnyside

Rio de Janeiro Blue
I Concentrate on You
Delirio
Invitation
Words Can't Describe 	Freddy Cole	(Rio de Janeiro Blue)	Telarc

Some Other Time 	Bill Charlap	(Somewhere)	Blue Note
Ode	Frank Kimbrough	(Lullabluebye)	Palmetto
Angelina	McCoy Tyner	(Illuminations)	Telarc
Baubles, Bangles and Beads 	Alan Broadbent	(You and the Night and the Music)	A 440

Wild Is Love
Yellow Days
Sem Voce
Something Happens to Me
There I've Said It Again
To Say Goodbye 	Freddy Cole	(Rio de Janeiro Blue)	Telarc