[JPL] WDIY Top Plays & Doodlin' Playlist

Mo Noretsky mo.noretsky at verizon.net
Wed Jul 21 15:54:43 EDT 2004

Top Station Plays -7/21/04 (20 hours of weekly Jazz/Blues Programming)
Top 10:
Mulgrew Miller - Live at Yoshi's - MaxJazz
Ben Allison - Buzz - Palmetto
McCoy Tyner – Illuminations - Telarc
Kenny Barron - Images - Sunnyside
Bobby Watson - Horizon Reassembled - Palmetto
Benny Green/Russell Malone - Bluebird - Telarc
Steve Nelson - Fuller Nelson - Sunnyside
Harvey Mason - With All My Heart - Bluebird
Jean-Pierre Mas - (H)ombre - Sunnyside
Glauco Sagebin - When Baden Meets Trane - Blue Toucan
11-20:
Benny Golson - Terminal 1 - Concord
John Stetch – Solo Piano - Justin Time
Antonio Hart - All We Need - Downtown Sound
Brent Jensen/Rob Walker - Art of the Groove - Origin
Stefon Harris & Blackout - Evolution - Blue Note
Jackie Allen - Love is Blue - A440
Danny Zeitlin - Slickrock - MaxJazz
Roseanna Vitro - Tropical Postcards - A-Records
Quincy Jones & Bill Cosby - Original Jam Sessions - Concord
Frank Kimbrough - Lullabluebye - Palmetto
and...
Joe Lovano - I'm All For You - Blue Note
Diana Krall - The Girl in the Other Room - Verve
Tineke Postma - First Avenue - Munich
Aaron Choulai - Place - Sunnyside
Diane Delin/Dennis Luxion - Duality - Blujazz
Tomasz Stanko - Suspended Variations - ECM
James Silberstein - Song for Micaela - CAP
Terry Gibbs - 52nd & Broadway - Mack Ave
Karrin Allyson - Wild For You - Concord
Larry Coryell - Tricycles - In+Out
Eliane Elias - Dreamer - Bluebird
Greg Osby - Public - Blue Note
Joe Locke - Dear Life - Sirocco
Matthew Van Doren - In This Present Moment - B-Cat
Marlena Shaw - Lookin' For Love - 441 Records
Frank Vignola/Joe Ascione - The Frank & Joe Show - Hyena
Gerald Beckett - Traveling West - Summit
Don Friedman - Hot House - Chiaroscuro
Oliver Lake - Dat Love - Passin' Thru
Lonnie Plaxico - Live At Jazz Standard - 441
Bill Charlap - Somewhere - Blue Note
Susie Arioli - That's For Me - Justin Time
Sean Jones - Eternal Journey - Mack Avenue
Adds:
Melvin Rhyne - Tomorrow Yesterday Today - Criss Cross
Herbie Mann/Phil Woods - Beyond Brooklyn - MCG
Jerry Gonzalez - Y Los Piratas De Flamenco - Sunnyside
Von Freeman - The Great Divide - Premonition
David Kikoski - Details - Criss Cross
Kirk Lightsey - The Nights Of Bradley's - Sunnyside

Doodlin' - July 20, 2004 - Host: Mo Noretsky
Artist - Song - Album - Label
Lambert, Hendricks & Ross - Doodlin' (Theme) - Twisted - Rhino
Steve Nelson - Laila in Blues - Fuller Nelson - Sunnyside
Neil Okimoto - Myochlonic Jerk - 'Ohana - Roy Sakuma Prod.
Melvin Rhyne - Enchantment - Tomorrow Yesterday Today - Criss Cross

Benny Golson - Park Avenue Petite - Terminal 1 - Concord
Kenny Barron - Marie Laveau - Images - Sunnyside

Herbie Mann/Phil Woods - Bohemia After Dark - MCG
Diane Marino - Toucans Dance - On the Street Where You Live - M&M
Jerry Gonzalez - Hubo Un Lugar - Y Los Piratas De Flamenco - Sunnyside

David Kikoski - Adorable You - Details - Criss Cross
Diana Krall - Departure Bay - The Girl in the Other Room - Verve

Benny Green & Russell Malone - It's Alright With Me - Bluebird - Telarc
Von Freeman - Blue Pres - The Great Divide - Premonition
Chris McNulty - Easy to Love - I Remember You - Mop Top

Los Angeles Guitar Quartet - Icarus - Guitar Heroes - Telarc
Joao Gilberto - Wave - In Tokyo - Verve
James Silberstein - Aquas - Song for Micaela - CAP
John Stein - Poinciana - Interplay - Azica
Horace Silver - Doodlin' (Theme) - Best of - Blue Note