[JPL] women messengers?

David Basse db at davidbasse.com
Fri Jul 23 10:10:08 EDT 2004

Larry, Are you talking about LaVerne Barker, the bassist with Andy Kirk's
Twelve Clouds of Joy? Definitely a man. Check him out, with the guitar and
bass out front of the band, in the movie "Killer Dillers". He also recorded
about 1947 - 1948 with Saxophonist Joe Thomas and was also in Eddie
Haywood's band.

David Basse / Kansas Public Radio