[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 7/23/04

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Jul 24 08:58:19 EDT 2004

Friday, July 23, 7pm midnight, WGBH 89.7
About this broadcast

IN MEMORY OF JAMES WILLIAMS / STEVE LACY / ILLINOIS JACQUET

7:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin, Speakin My Piece (Blue Note)

7:06pm
James Williams/Rufus Reid: Walk with Me, Music for A While (Finas Music)
James Williams/Steve Nelson: Be Real Special, Willpower (Finas Music)
James Williams/Joe Lovano: Take Time For Love, Music For A While (Finas
Music)

7:33pm
James Williams/Etta Jones: Skylark, Willpower (Finas Music)
James Williams/Bill Pierce: Little B's Poem, Out of Nowhere (Finas Music)

7:50pm
Ticket Giveaway/Artists in Town;
Clark Terry: Out of Nowhere, Intimate Stories (Challenge)
Hank Jones: Yesterdays, The Great Jazz Trio/Autumn in New York (441 Music)

8:05pm
Illinois Jacquet: I Want A Little Girl; Pamela's Blues; Jan,
Go Power (Cadet LP)

8:25pm
Lionel Hampton: Flying Home, Hamp (Decca/GRP)
Illinois Jacquet: Pastel, Flying Home (Verve)
Illinois Jacquet: You're My Thrill, Desert Sands (Argo/Verve)
Illinois Jacquet: You Left Me All Alone, Bottoms Up (Prestige)

8:43pm
Ticket Giveaway / Artists in Town;
Buster Williams/Stefon Harris: Christina, Lost in A Memory (TCB Records)

8:56pm
Illinois Jacquet: What Am I Here For, Live at Lulu Whites, Boston
(WGBH Recording Not Available Commercially)

9:11pm
Steve Lacy/Danilo Perez: Longing; Flakes,
Live At The RegattaBar in Cambridge, MA
(WGBH Recording Not Available Commercially)

9:33pm
Steve Lacy/Danilo Perez: Baghdad; Blinks,
Live At The RegattaBar
(WGBH Recording Not Available Commercially)

9:55pm
Ticket Giveaway / Artist in Town;
Clark Terry: The Countess, Clark Terry (Verve)

10:08pm
James Williams / Ray Drummond: For My Nephews, Focus (Finas Music)
James Williams / Steve Wilson: Frank's Tune, Willpower (Finas Music)
James Williams / Freddy Cole: That's My Desire, Out of Nowhere (Finas Music)

10:35pm
Artist in Town / Ticket Giveaway;
Ron Blake: You Must Believe in Spring, Lest We Forget (Mack Avenue)

10:42pm
James Williams / Bill Pierce: Please Send Me Someone To Love; Sugar,
Live At Scullers, Boston (WGBH Recording Not Available Commercially)

11:03pm
Illinois Jacquet: Lady Be Good; Body and Soul; I Should Care; Robbins Nest,
Live At Lulu Whites, Boston (WGBH Recording Not Available Commercially)

11:30pm
Artist in Town / Ticket Giveaway;
Eric Alexander: After The Rain, Summit Meeting (Milestone)

11:38pm
Illinois Jacquet: Throw it Out of Your Mind; Don't Blame Me; Blues Mood; You
Left Me All Alone, All Stars/Studio Recordings 1945-1947 (Blue Moon)

11:53pm
Steve Lacy / Danilo Perez: Monk's Dream,
Live at The RegattaBar, Cambridge, MA
(WGBH Recording Not Available Commercially)

END