[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 26 01:12:11 EDT 2004

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington D.C.

1) James Williams-You're My Alter Ego (Truth, Justice & the Blues)
2) James Williams-Calvary (James Williams Meets The Saxophone Masters)
3) Contemporary Piano Ensemble-Hibiscus (The Key Players)

4) Sunna Gunnlaugs-Good Stuff (Mindful)
5) George Russell-Nardis (Ezz-thetics)
6) Kenny Garrett-Giant Steps (Triology)

Illinois Jacquet Memorial Set
7) Illinois Jacquet-Flying Home (The Lionel Hampton Story)
8) Illinois Jacquet-Flying Home (The Cool Rage/Flying Home)
9) Illinois Jacquet-Ghost of a Chance (Jumpin' At Apollo)
10) Illinois Jacquet w/Ben Webster-The Kid & The Brute (The Kid & the Brute)
11) Illinois Jacquet-It's Alright With Me (The Great Saxophones)
12) Johnny Hartman w/Illinois Jacquet-Don't You Know I Care (I Just Dropped
By...)
13) Illinois Jacquet-When My Dreamboat Comes Home (Desert Winds)
14) Illinois Jacquet-Port of Rico (Illinois Jacquet Collates #2/Flying Home)
15) Illinois Jacquet-The King (Tenor Titans)
16) Illinois Jacquet-I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free (The
Prestige Story)
17) Illinois Jacquet-Pastel (Illinois Jacquet Collates/Flying Home)
Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com