[JPL] THE NEXT JAZZ AMERICA ON VOA

RUSSELL DAVIS davispro at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 28 09:11:32 EDT 2004

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice of
America, now heard by more listeners than ever before!

JAZZ AMERICA is now heard not only on the entertainment service MusicMix,
but also on the worldwide VOA service via shortwave transmission.

The show is two hours long and reaches a potential audience of 94 million
listeners worldwide each weekend.  Visit the Voice of America website @
www.voamusicmix.net to get more information including when it is webcast in
your timezone as well as when and how to hear it via shortwave.

AlsoŠplease take note of the email address for the show.  For any comments
or inquires you can reach me at jazz-america at voa.gov.

Russ Davis

davis programs
163 third avenue/p.m.b. # 259
new york,ny 10003
email...jazz-america at voa.gov

JAZZ AMERICAŠ SHOW #527Š31 JULY-1 AUGUST, 2004
DEXTER GORDON-wee dot (live @ the both/and club, s.f.)
JOHN PIZZARELLI-one note samba (bossa nova)
*Charlie Hunter interview segment
CHARLIE HUNTER-bonus round (friends seen & unseen)
MICHEL CAMILO-las dos lorettas (triangulo)
CHARLIE PARKER-k.c. blues (1951)
JACKIE ALLEN-ther performer (love is blue)
*Charlie Hunter interview segment
CHARLIE HUNTER-freedom tickler (friends seen & unseen)
KENNY BARRON-inside out (images)
HERBIE HANCOCK-butterfly (dis is da drum)

JAZZ AMERICAŠ SHOW #528Š31 JULY-1 AUGUST, 2004
DAVE BRUBECK-take five (time out)
JANE MONHEIT-I won¹t dance (taking a chance on love)
*Charlie Hunter interview segment
CHARLIE HUNTER-my son the hurricane (friends seen & unseen)
WES MONTGOMERY-bumpin¹ on sunset (1966)
COURTNEY PINE-devotion (devotion)
NANCY WILSON-I let a song go out of my heart (r.s.v.p.)
*Charlie Hunter interview segment
CHARLIE HUNTER-darkly (friends seen & unseen)
KENNY BURRELL-do what you gotta do (god bless the child)

SHOW #529-530Š7-8 AUGUST, 2004
Featured artist: CHICK COREA
NEW CD: ³To The Stars²
Plus music from HERBIE HANCOCK & JOE ZAWINUL