[JPL] D-Lovely, a D'must see

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 29 21:14:37 EDT 2004

Was Cole Porter really a Tin Pan Alley composer? Irving Berlin may have had
a foot in that era, but Porter, Berlin, Jerome Kern, Harold Arlen, George
Gershwin, Richard Rodgers and others wrote what we now call the American
Popular Songbook for stage shows and film. I think Tin Pan Alley referred,
for the most part, to different and arguably lesser songwriters from an
earlier era.

Larry Appelbaum
WPFW-FM