[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 7/30/04

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Jul 31 02:28:39 EDT 2004

Friday, July 30, 7pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7
About this broadcast

CELEBRATING HANK JONES 86th BIRTHDAY born JULY 31, 1918

7:05pm
Hank Jones: A Child Is Born, Live At Maybeck (Concord)
Charlie Haden/Hank Jones: Go Down Moses, Steal Away (Verve)
Hank Jones/The Great Jazz Trio: Six and Four, Autumn Leaves (441 Music)

7:26pm
Elvin Jones: Ray-El, Elvin! (Riverside)
Curtis Fuller: Vonce #5, New Trombone (Prestige)
Coleman Hawkins: I Mean You, The JJ Johnson Memorial Album (Prestige)

7:49pm
Abbey Lincoln/Hank Jones: The Nearness of You, When There is Love (Verve)
Frank Morgan/Hank Jones: You Must Believe in Spring, You Must Believe in
Spring (Antilles)
Joe Lovano: Like Someone In Love, I'm All For You (Blue Note)

8:09pm
Joe Lovano: I'm All For You, I'm All For You (Blue Note)
Kenny Dorham: La Villa, Jazz Contrasts (Riverside)
John Coltrane/Milt Jackson: Bags and Trane, Bags And Trane (Atlantic)

8:35pm
Hank Jones: Blues For Lady Day; Yesterdays; You're Blase; Tea for Two; The
Blue Room, Urbanity (Verve)

8:53pm
Jesse Davis: Portrait of Desiree, From Within (Concord)
Curtis Lundy: Crossroads, Just Be Yourself (Evidence)
Billy Pierce: Alone Together, Equilateral (Sunnyside)

9:15pm
Johnny Hartman: Don't You Know I Care,
I Just Dropped by To Say Hello (Impulse)
Hank Jones: I Got It Bad, Favors (Verve)
Shelly Manne: Take The "A" Train, 2/3/4 (Impulse)

9:36pm
Hot Lips Page: The Lady in Bed; Gee Baby Ain't I Good to You,
Hot Lips Page 1940-1944 (Classics)
Stan Getz: Opus De Bop, Complete Savoy Recordings (Savoy)
Lester Young: Deed I Do, President Volume 5 (Blue Moon)

9:50pm
The Jones Brothers: Nice and Nasty, Keepin Up With The Jones
(Metro Jazz/Verve)
Hank Jones: The Summary, Upon Reflection (Verve)

10:07pm
The Jones Brothers: Keepin Up With The Jones,
Keepin Up With The Jones (Metro Jazz/Verve)
Hank Jones: Upon Reflection, Upon Reflection (Verve)

10:27pm
Art Pepper: Yesterdays, The Intimate Art Pepper (Galaxy)
Warne Marsh: Star Highs, Star Highs (Criss Cross)
Benny Carter: People Time, Legends (MusicMasters)

10:49pm
Hank Jones: Thad's Pad; Things Are So Pretty in The Spring; Little Girl
Blue; Odd Number, Urbanity (Verve)

11:04pm
Cannonball Adderley/Miles Davis: One For Daddy-O, Somethin Else (Blue Note)
Chet Baker: That Old Devil Called Love, Baker's Holiday (Emarcy)
Art Farmer: By Myself, Portrait of Art (Contemporary)
Roy Eldridge: Sunday, Little Jazz (Verve)

11:30pm
Charlie Parker: Laird Baird, Bird's Best Bop (Verve)
Dizzy Reece: Parker's Spiritus, Asia Minor (Prestige New Jazz)
Hank Jones: Anthropology, MAster Class (32 Jazz)

11:45pm
Hank Jones / The Great Jazz Trio: My Funny Valentine; Yesterdays,
Autumn Leaves (441 Music)
Hank Jones: Round Midnight, Master Class (32 Jazz)

END