[JPL] WNMC Friday Afternoon (mostly) Jazz

Thomas M "Biz" Bisard mrbiz at torchlake.com
Sat Apr 2 00:04:08 EST 2005

                                                    WNMC 90.7 FM  Traverse
City Michigan

                                                          Listen
Online:   <www.wnmc.org>
                                  37 Years of Community Public Radio for
Northwest Lower Michigan
			              650 BIG watts....we're small, but our tower is TALL

53 hours of jazz per week (with a bit of blues/folk/world-international in
the mix)  **  9 hours of blues  **  6 hours of folk  **  6 hours of
combined blues/folk/roots  **  6 hours of world/international music  **  A
2 hour weekday morning news-topical-community show  **  The best of
indie-alt rock fills out the schedule

                          Eric Hines, general manager/music director
<ehines at message.nmc.edu>
                            Thomas M "Biz" Bisard, jazz music director
<mrbiz at torchlake.com>
                               Office: (231) 995-2562         Studio
Request Line: (231) 995-1090

                   Product, Promotions, etc to:    WNMC, attn: Eric Hines,
station manager or Biz Bisard, jazz music director
				                    1701 E Front St
				                    Traverse City MI 49686

Biz <mrbiz at torchlake.com> hosting Friday Afternoon April 1st 2005 Jazz 2-5
from the oh-so-sunny basement of West Hall on the  campus of Northwestern
Michigan College

                                              [ARTIST  *  song
title  *  album title  *  (label)]

						2 PM
W. G. "SNUFFY" WALDEN  *  My So-Called Life [Theme]  *  Music From "My
So-Called Life"  *  (Atlantic)
STANLEY TURRENTINE  *  Sugar  *  best of  *  (Epic Associated/Sony)
HOWLIN' WOLF  *  Evil  *  Bluesmaster  *  (MCA)
BOBBY SHORT  *  Jump for Joy  *  Jump for Joy  *  (Koch/Atlantic/Rhino)
						break
BOBBY SHORT  *  Ain't Misbehavin'  *  Guess Who's In Town: B. S. Performs
the Music of Andy Razaf  *  (Atlantic)
BOBBY SHORT  *  Dream Dancing  *  Nobody Else But Me  *  (Koch Jazz/Atlantic)
BOBBY SHORT  *  New York, New York [It's a Helluva Town]  *  Songs of New
York - Live at the Carlyle Cafe  *  (Telarc Jazz)
BOBBY SHORT  *  If You're a Viper  *  Jump for Joy  *  (Koch/Atlantic/Rhino)
BOBBY SHORT  *  Guess Who's In Town  *  Guess Who's In Town: B. S. Performs
the Music of Andy Razaf  *  (Atlantic)
						break
SIR ROLAND HANNA & CARRIE SMITH  *  I Gotta Right to Sing the Blues  *  I
Gotta Right to Sing the Blues - the Music of Harold Arlen  *  (IPO)
RON BRENDLE TRIO  *  Ramblin'  *  Photograph  *  (Lo Note)
COUNT BASIE  *  April in Paris  *  April in Paris  *  (Verve/UMG)

						3 PM
CUBISMO  *  Morenita  *  Afro-Latin Party  *  (Putumayo)
LOS HOMBRES CALIENTES  *  Latin Tinge II  *  Vol. 5: Carnival  *  (Basin
Street)
REBIRTH BRASS BAND  *  Let's Do It Again  *  Ultimate  *  (Mardi Gras)
						break
MIKE STEVENS & RAYMOND MCLAIN  *  Cash on the Barrelhead  *  Old Time
Mojo  *  (Borealis)
HARVEY REID & JOYCE ANDERSON  *  Can't Let Go  *  Kindling the
Fire  *  (Woodpecker)
concert promo: THE KENNEDYS  *  Don't Hold Your Breath  *  Stand  *  (Koch
Entertainment)
						break
JACQUI NAYLOR  *  We'll Fly  *  Live: East/West - East [Birdland]  *  (Ruby
Star)
JACQUI NAYLOR  *  For What It's Worth  *  Live: East/West - East
[Birdland]  *  (Ruby Star)
CAROL HEFFLER  *  Mahina  *  Exactly  *  (Peeka)
THE BAD PLUS  *  My Funny Valentine  *  Blunt Object - Live in Tokyo  *  (Sony)
SUSAN TEDESCHI  *  The Feeling Music Brings  *  Live From Austin
TX  *  (New West)
LEA DELARIA  *  Tatooed Love Boys  *  Double Standards  (Telarc)
MARTA GOMEZ  *  La Flor  *  Cantos de Agua Dulce  *  (Chesky)

						4 PM
SCOTT WHITFIELD JAZZ ORCHESTRA WEST  *  Splat!  *  The Minute Game  *  (Summit)
TEDDY EDWARDS w/ TOM WAITS  *  I'm Not Your Fool Anymore  *  Mississippi
Lad  *  (Gitanes Jazz/Antilles)
THE DUHKS  *  Tru Religion  *  self-titled  *  (Sugar Hill)
						break
YUSEF LATEEF  *  Eboness  *  The Diverse Yusef Lateef  *  (Atlantic/Rhino)
NICOLE MARGARET MITCHELL & BLACK EARTH ENSEMBLE  *  Skating  *  Hope,
Future & Destiny  *  (Dreamtime)
NICOLE MARGARET MITCHELL & BLACK EARTH ENSEMBLE  *  Wanna Make You
Smile  *  Hope, Future & Destiny  *  (Dreamtime)
WYNTON MARSALIS  *  Deep Creek  *  Unforgivable Blackness: The Rise & Fall
of Jack Johnson  *  (Blue Note/EMI)
						break
request: MIKE STEVENS & RAYMOND MCLAIN  *  Wabash Cannonball  *  Old Time
Mojo  *  (Borealis)
request: MIKE STEVENS & RAYMOND MCLAIN  *  Don't Let Your Deal Go
Down  *  Old Time Mojo  *  (Borealis)
MARTIN EAGLE  *  A Welcoming Beauty  *  A Welcoming Beauty  *  (Hawksnest)
TOWER OF POWER  *  Back on the Streets Again  *  East Bay Grease  *  (Rhino)

						ADDS:

					[ARTIST   *  Album  *  (Label)]

THE BAD PLUS  *  Blunt Object - Live in Tokyo  *  (Sony)
ROD BENDLE TRIO  *  Photograph  *  (Lo Note)
RAVI COLTRANE  *  In Flux  *  (Savoy Jazz)
BOBBY DARIN  *  Live! at the Desert Inn  *  (Neon Tonic/Concord/CMG)
LEA DELARIA  *  Double Standards  *  (Telarc)
TRUDY DESMOND  *  A Dream Come True: best of  *  (Just a Memory/Justin Time)
SIR ROLAND HANNA  *  Everything I Love  *  (IPO)
SIR ROLAND HANNA & CARRIE SMITH  *  I've Gotta Right to Sing the Blues: The
Songs of Harold Arlen  *  (IPO)
LOS HOMBRES CALIENTES: IRVIN MAYFIELD & BILL SUMMERS  *  Vol. 5:
Carnival  *  (Basin Street)
THE HOT CLUB OF SAN FRANCISCO  *  Postcards From Gypsyland  *  (Lost Wax)
THE THAD JONES CELEBRATION BAND  *  One More - The Music of Thad
Jones  *  (IPO)
RON KALINA  *  Getting My Axes Together  *  (Kalinor Music)
JOE WILLIAMS featuring BEN WEBSTER  *  Havin' a Good Time  *  (Hyena)
YELLOWJACKETS  *  Altered State  *  (Heads Up)

						ARCHIVES:

PATRICIA BARBER  *  Live - A Fortnight in France  *  (Blue Note/EMI)
THE BASSOON IN THE WILD QUARTET  *  Ocean Eyes  *  (The Music Group/Schreiber)
TOM COLLIER  *  Mallet Jazz  *  (Origin)
RON GETZ, DON JULIN, WES IVANKOVICH, & DAVE COLLINI  *  Before I
Forget  *  (Pygmy Twilite)
THE HARRY GOLDSON JAZZ ENSEMBLE  *  Flirtations  *  (Weatherbird)
DICK HYMAN & TOM PLETCHER  *  If Bix Played Gershwin  *  (Arbors Jazz)
KIRK LIGHTSEY  *  The Night of Bradley's  *  (Sunnyside)
MADELEINE PEYROUX  *  Careless Love  *  (Rounder)
KAREN SALINGER  *  Kinda Blues - Live at the DePietro  *  (MindsEye Jazz)
DAVID SILLS  *  Eastern View  *  (Origin)
DOCTOR LONNIE SMITH  *  Too Damn Hot  *  (Palmetto)
TUMBAO! CUBAN JAZZ  *  Montuno Salad  *  (PKO)
STEVE TURRE  *  The Spirits Up Above  *  (HighNote)
CLAUDIA VILLELA with KENNY WERNER  *  Dream Tales  *  (Adventure Music)