[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH, 89.7FM Boston 4/1/05

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Apr 2 04:41:16 EST 2005

Friday, April 1, 7pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7
About this broadcast

FUNDRAISING SHOW
DUKE JORDAN (b. 4/1/1922)
HARRY CARNEY (b. 4/1/1910)

7:00pm
Horace Parlan: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

7:05pm
Cootie Williams Orchestra; recorded April 1, 1942: Epistrophy,
Swing Blues (Jazz Archive)
Barry Harris Septet: Epistrophy, Interpretations of Monk (Koch)
Thelonious Monk: Epistrophy, Big Band and Quartet (Columbia)

7:27pm
Gil Evans / Steve Lacy: Paris Blues, Paris Blues (Sunnyside)
Jimmy Giuffre Trio: Sweet and Lovely, Fly Away Little Bird (Sunnyside)
Jeanne Lee - Mal Waldron: Straight Ahead, After Hours (Sunnyside)

7:49pm
Duke Jordan; (b. April 1, 1922): Just One of Those Things; Jor-Du;
Embraceable You; Scotch Blues, Duke Jordan, New York (Vogue)

8:13pm
Joe Williams/Ben Webster: That's All, Havin' A Good Time (Hyena)
Frank Morgan: Georgia, City Nights (HighNote)
Kenny Barron: Confirmation, Live at The DeCordova Museum (Only on 89.7)

8:43pm
Lee Kontz / Michel Petrucciani: I Hear A Raphsody, Toot Sweet (Sunnyside)
Gil Evans - Steve Lacy: Goodbye Porkpie Hat, Paris Blues (Sunnyside)

9:05pm
Duke Ellington Orchestra; w Harry Carney (b. 4/1/1910, Boston): Cottontail;
My Greatest Mistake; Sepia Panorama, The Blanton-Webster Band (RCA Bluebird)
Harry Carney: Take The "A" Train; We're in Love Again; Chalmeau, Harry
Carney with Strings (Verve)

9:35pm
The Bebop Guitars: Freddie Freeloader, Live from Studio One (Only on 89.7)
Tre Corda: Church Rhythms, Live from Studio One (Only on 89.7)
Jason Palmer: Elegy for Emmitt, Live From Studio One (Only on 89.7)

10:06pm
Charlie Parker Quintet; featuring Duke Jordan: Dexterity; Bongo Bop; Dewey
Square; The Hymn, The Complete Dial Sessions (Stash)
Duke Jordan: Confirmation, Duke Jordan New York (Vogue)

10:29pm
Helen Merrill / Gordon Beck: Bye Bye Blackbird, No Tears No Goodbye
(Sunnyside)
Jeanne Lee - Mal Waldron: You Go To My Head, After Hours (Sunnyside)

10:51pm
McCoy Tyner: Angelina, Illumination (Telarc)

11:00pm
SPECIAL FEATURE CONTINUED
Duke Jordan (b. 4/1/1922): Flight to Jordan, Flight to Jordan (Blue Note)
Tina Brooks: Good Old Soul, True Blue (Blue Note)
Louis Smith: Brill's Blues, Here Comes Louis Smith (Blue Note)

11:26pm
Duke Jordan: Undecided Lady, Wait And See (Steeplechase)
Duke Jordan: I Thought You'd Call Today, Change a Pace (Steeplchase)
Duke Jordan: Mellow Mood, As Time Goes By (Steeplechase)

11:45pm
Charlie Parker: Another Hair Do; Bluebird; Klaunstance; Bird Gets The Worm,
BIRD (Savoy)

11:55pm
Duke Jordan: Embraceable You, Oska Concert, Volume 1 (Steeplchase)

Only on 89.7! performances and recordings are exclusive WGBH Radio
productions and are not commercially available.