[JPL] Playlist: Modern Jazz Classics

Bob Stockton drbob456 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 2 12:19:37 EST 2005

Modern Jazz Classics is heard each week on six affiliate stations that reach
an audience potential of more than 1.4 million listeners (always room for
one or two more).

Playlist MJC-118

Theme and intro - Wynton Kelly - On Green Dolphin Street

Kevin Mahogany / Centerpiece / Big Band / Mahogany Jazz*
Nat "King" Cole / Straighten Up And Fly Right / The World Of Nat King Cole /
Capitol-EMI
Bobby Darrin / Down With Love / The Best Of Bobby Darrin, Vol. 2 /
Atlantic-Atco
Clifford Brown / Jordu / Clifford Brown's Finest Hour / Verve
Nnenna Freelon (Bill Anschell) / My Shining Hour / Harold Arlen Centennial
Celebration / Concord Jazz
Jimmy Witherspoon / Blues In The Night / Harold Arlen Centennial Celebration
/ Concord Jazz
Kevin Mahogany / It Don't Mean A Thing / Big Band / Mahogany Jazz*
Hank Jones / Bloomdido / Jazz For The Open Road / 32 Jazz
Connie Evingson(Pearl Django) / Lullaby Of The Leaves / Gypsy In My Soul /
Minnehaha
Gary Burton / Walkin' In Music / Next Generation / Concord Jazz
Kevin Stout-Brian Booth / Showdown At The Noddin' "O" / Tales Of The Tetons
/ Jazzed5

Top of hour sweep - Russell Malone - Sweet Georgia Peach

Kevin Mahogany(Veronica Martell) / Its Allright With Me / Big Band /
Mahogany Jazz*
Ray Brown Trio / Lester Leaps In / Live At Starbucks / Telarc
Sarah Vaughan(Benny Carter) / A Garden In The Rain / The Complete Roulette
Sarah Vaughan Studio Sessions / Mosaic
Clifford Brown / Sandu / Study In Brown / EmArcy
Benny Golson / I Remember Clifford / The Philadelphians / Blue Note
Michael Franks / Popsicle Toes / The Art Of Love / WB-Rhino
Kevin Mahogany / Don't Get Around Much Anymore / Big Band*
Harry Watters / Am I Blue / Out Of A Dream / Summit
Carol Heffler / Willow Weep For Me / Exactly / Peeka
Marc Pompe' / No More Blues / You Must Believe In Swing / Cadence Jazz
Cannonball Adderly(Miles) / Alison's Uncle / Somethin' Else / Blue Note
Sarah Vaughan / Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye / The Complete Roulette Sarah
Vaughan Studio Sessions / Mosaic

Top of hour sweep and sign off - Clifford Brown - Stockholm Sweetnin'

* Denotes Spotlight Album

Bob ("Dr. Bob" Stockton, Host/Producer (love to take music calls and chat)
Modern Jazz Classics From Amelia Island
3956 Arbor Lake Circle
Jacksonville, Fl. 32225-1681

(904) 910-3475  (877) 856-3889 fax