[JPL] Fw: WFCR/Jazz à la Mode, April 4, 2005

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Mon Apr 4 23:44:39 EDT 2005

WFCR/Jazz à la Mode, April 4, 2005

8:00 PM Just in Time Stanley Turrentine Blue Hour Blue Note (born 4/4/34)

8:07 PM A Monday Date Paradise City Jazz Orchestra Blowin' the Blues Away Jazzology (tpt. Dave Pinardi b. 4/4/32)
8:09 PM A Monday Date Louis Armstrong Hot Fives and Sevens, Vol. 3 JSP
8:12 PM Rosetta Steve Lacy Early Years 1954-1956 Fresh Sound (featuring Dave McKenna)
8:16 PM Blues in Thirds Paradise City Jazz Orchestra Blowin' the Blues Away Jazzology

8:21 PM Yesterdays Stanley Turrentine Look Out! Blue Note (born 4/4/34)
8:28 PM Then I'll Be Tired of You Stanley Turrentine Comin' Your Way Blue Note

8:37 PM You Stepped Out of a Dream Peter Cincotti Peter Cincotti Concord (Iron Horse April 5)
8:40 PM Dream Dancing Warren Vache Dream Dancing Arbors
8:50 PM But Not for Me Kate McGarry Mercy Streets Palmetto
8:52 PM I'm in the Mood for Love Carolyn Leonhart New 8th Day Sunnyside

9:00 PM The Hustle Stanley Turrentine Hustlin' Blue Note
9:06 PM Filthy McNasty Greg Abate Horace Is Here Koko Jazz
9:13 PM St. Louis Blues Peter Cincotti On the Moon Concord Jazz (Iron Horse: April 5)

9:20 PM I Got My Brand on You Muddy Waters Live at Newport Chess (born 4/4/15)
9:24 PM Hoochie Coochie Man Muddy Waters Muddy "Mississippi" Waters Live Columbia
9:29 PM Crawlin' Kingsnake Muddy Waters The Lost Tapes Blind Pig
9:34 PM What Is That She Got Muddy Waters Live at Mister Kelly's Chess

9:41 PM Some of My Best Friends Are Blues Jimmy Smith The Boss Verve
9:49 PM Backwater Blues Dinah Washington The Bessie Smith Songbook Emarcy
9:54 PM Christo Redentor Donald Byrd Blue Note: Perfect Takes Blue Note

10:04 PM Georgia Bright Suite Charles Lloyd Jumping the Creek ECM (Williamstown Jazz Fest: April 16)
10:18 PM The Night Has a Thousand Eyes Ingrid Jensen Project O Justin Time (Williamstown Jazz Fest: April 13)

10:33 PM Meat Wave Stanley Turrentine Easy Walker Blue Note (born 4/4/34)
10:38 PM They All Say I'm the Biggest Fool Stanley Turrentine Easy Walker Blue Note
10:45 PM Yours Is My Heart Alone Stanley Turrentine Easy Walker Blue Note

10:53 PM Blues Across the World Steve Davis Meant to Be Criss Cross

11:06 PM Easy Walker Stanley Turrentine Easy Walker Blue Note (born 4/4/34)
11:12 PM What the World Needs Now Is Love Stanley Turrentine Easy Walker Blue Note
11:19 PM Alone Together Stanley Turrentine Easy Walker Blue Note
11:25 PM A Foggy Day Stanley Turrentine Easy Walker Blue Note

11:33 PM Moon River Nanette Natal Is Love Enough? Benyo Music
11:40 PM The Peacocks Anthony Wonsey Blues for Hiroshi Sharp Nine
11:50 PM Waltz for Mia The Stamm/Soph Project Live at Birdland Jazzed Media

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Thursday, 8 p.m. - Midnight
WFCR