[JPL] WEMU Top Blues 3/28-4/02/05

lyohn at emich.edu lyohn at emich.edu
Tue Apr 5 17:11:44 EDT 2005

Hello! Here are the most-played new and reissued
blues CDs on 89.1 from March 28th through April 2nd.
The number in the parentheses tells you how many
times we played a disc.

1.	Various Artists/ Doctors, Professors, Kings And
Queens: The Big ‘Ol Box Of New Orleans/ Shout!
Factory (26)
2.	Elmore James/ Best Of The Modern Years/ Metro
Blue (7)
3.	The Blind Boys Of Alabama/ Atom Bomb/ Real World (5)
4.	Ronnie Earl & Duke Robillard/ The Duke Meets
Earl/ Stony Plain (4)
5.	Tab Benoit/ Fever On The Bayou/ Telarc (3)
6.	Solomon Burke/ Make Do With What You Got/ Shout!
Factory (3)
7.	Jay Geils/ Jay Geils Plays Jazz!/ Stony Plain (3)
8.	Buddy Guy/ Damn Right I Got The Blues/ Silvertone (3)
9.	Ron Levy’s Wild Kingdom/ Voodoo Boogaloo/
Levtronic (2)
10.	Sue Foley/ Changes/ Justin Time (2)
11.	Anne Rabson/ In A Family Way/ Emit Doug Music (2)
12.	The Dirty Dozen Brass Band/This Is The Dirty
Dozen Brass Band Collection/Shout! Factory (2)
13.	Etta James/Best Of The Modern Years/Metro Blue (2)
14.	Roomful Of Blues/ Standing Room Only/ Alligator (1)
15.	Hubert Sumlin/ About Them Shoes/ Tone Cool (1)
16.	Wayne Toups/Whoever Said It Was Easy/Shanachie (1)
17.	Sonny Landreth/ Grant Street/ Sugar Hill (1)
18.	Rosco Gordon/ No Dark In America/ Skuntry (1)
19.	Bernard Allison/ Higher Power/ Ruf Records (1)
20.	Joe Weaver/Detroit Rhythm & Blues/Bo Weevil (1)
21.	Various Artists/ Memphis Blues Band & Singers:
1980’s/ High Tone (1)
22.	Charlie Musselwhite/Deluxe Edition/Alligator (1)

This reflects airplay on WEMU’s special blues shows:
“Big City Blues Cruise”, “The Blues And Some Other
Stuff”, “Blues On The Mellow Side”, and all 89.1
Jazz shows. We blend blues into our jazz shows to
make sure that we’re always soulfully rooted in
great American Music.

Joe Tiboni hosts the “Big City Blues Cruise” from 3
to 6 PM Sundays. “Blues And Some Other Stuff” with
Michael Jewett airs from 7 to 10PM Sundays followed
by Doug Cameron’s “Blues On The Mellow Side” from
10PM to 1AM.

If you would like to send CDs to the show hosts, you
are welcome to do so, but please remember to send an
additional copy to the music director, so that all
WEMU hosts can review the music for potential airplay

Here is the best address:

Linda Yohn
WEMU Music Director
PO Box 980350