[JPL] The new issue of JazzWeek is now available

Tony Gasparre tony at jazzweek.com
Wed Apr 6 14:50:06 EDT 2005

You can now buy single issues of the magazine or the charts by going to
http://www.jazzweek.com/singleissue/

In the new issue:

Samples and remixes of classic jazz records have been controversial. Who's right? The remixers and DJs, or the jazz purists? Tad Hendrickson takes a look a both viewpoints. In the news, the Junos have been awarded in Canada, PBS debuts a new weekly show about jazz hosted by Ramsey Lewis, songwriter Yip Harburg, who wrote a lot of what has become the standard repertoire, will be remembered on a stamp, and promoter Mitchell Feldman strikes out on his own after the demise of INDIEgo. We've also got reviews of new releases from Irvin Mayfield, Charles Lloyd, and Carolyn Leonhart, along with our weekly Editors' Picks.