[JPL] Boston Globe and Boston Herald articles on Sonya Kitchell

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Tue Apr 5 18:51:22 EDT 2005

I'm forwarding the url's for articles that appeared in the Boston Sunday Globe Magazine on April 3, and in the Boston Herald on March 30, on Sonya Kitchell, a 16 year-old singer whom I've known and been listening to since she was 9.  As the article indicates, her stylistic direction has veered from straight-ahead jazz to a focus on her own material, which is impressive in its own jazz-based, singer-songwriter way.  And her 20 year-old pianist, Miro Sprague, who's mentioned in the article, is truly a player to watch out for as he gets established on the New York scene.  It's been interesting to observe the careers of these two phenoms from Western Massachusetts progress, and I'm certain you'll be hearing more from them in the near future.

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/articles/2005/04/03/sweet_at_16/

http://theedge.bostonherald.com/musicNews/view.bg?articleid=75612&format=&page=1

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"