[JPL] Fw: WFCR/Jazz à la Mode, April 6, 2005

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Wed Apr 6 22:32:14 EDT 2005

WFCR/Jazz à la Mode, April 6, 2005

8:00 PM Picture of Heath Jimmy Heath Picture of Heath Xanadu (Vermont Jazz Center: 4/9)

8:08 PM Nights at the Turntable Gerry Mulligan-Chet Baker Best of the Mulligan Quartet with Chet Baker Pacific Jazz (born 4/6/27)
8:11 PM Jeru Miles Davis The Complete Birth of the Cool Capitol Jazz
8:14 PM As Catch Can Gerry Mulligan Complete Concert Jazz Band Sessions Mosaic (born 4/6/27)

8:23 PM Pensativa Gene Bertoncini & Micahel Moore Art of the Duo Stash (Born 4/6/37)
8:30 PM Tico Tico Ted Nash & Odeon La Espada de la Noche Palmetto
8:37 PM Indifference Michel Portal & Richard Galliano Concerts Dreyfus

8:42 PM Goin' Home Yusef Lateef The Three Faces of Yusef Lateef Riverside (www.waveofhopebenefit.org)
8:47 PM Nice People Jimmy Heath The Thumper Riverside (Vermont Jazz Center: 4/9)
8:52 PM Bruh' Sliim Jimmy Heath Triple Threat Riverside

9:00 PM I'm All for You Joe Lovano I'm All for You Blue Note (Sanders Theatre, Harvard, 4/10)
9:08 PM Whisper Not Hank Jones The Essence DMP (Sanders Theatre, Harvard, 4/10)
9:14 PM Passing Time Hank Jones The Touch Concord Jazz (Sanders Theatre, Harvard, 4/10)

9:22 PM As Catch Can Anat Cohen Place & Time Anzic (Gerry Mulligan, composer)
9:25 PM Line for Lyons Three Baritone Saxophone Band Plays Mulligan Dreyfus (Gerry Mulligan, composer)
9:30 PM Walking Shoes Gerry Mulligan Dream a Little Dream Telarc (born 4/6/27)

9:37 PM This I Dig of You Scott Whitfield Orchestra West The Minute Game Summit
9:43 PM Go East Young Man Slide Hampton Two Sides of Slide Fresh Sound
9:49 PM You're Driving Me Crazy Eric Felten Meets the Dek-Tette VSOP
9:53 PM Mental Images Dave Holland Big Band Overtime Dare2/Sunnyside

10:06 PM Berkshire Blues Randy Weston African Cookbook Koch Jazz (born 4/6/26)
10:11 PM Portrait of Vivian Randy Weston African Cookbook Koch Jazz (born 4/6/26)
10:14 PM Willie's Tune Randy Weston African Cookbook Koch Jazz (born 4/6/26)
10:18 PM Niger Mambo Randy Weston African Cookbook Koch Jazz (born 4/6/26)

10:27 PM Trouble My Soul Wynton Marsalis Unforgiveable Blackness: Original Soundtrack Blue Note
10:30 PM Morning Song Wynton Marsalis Unforgiveable Blackness: Original Soundtrack Blue Note
10:33 PM The Ruby and the Pearl Branford Marsalis Eternal Marsalis Music
10:42 PM When First We Met Ellis Marsalis Ruminations in New York ESP-Disc

10:50 PM African Cookbook Randy Weston African Cookbook Koch Jazz (born 4/6/26)
11:02 PM Congolese Children Randy Weston African Cookbook Koch Jazz (born 4/6/26)
11:04 PM Blues for Five Reasons Randy Weston African Cookbook Koch Jazz (born 4/6/26)

11:10 PM Just Squeeze Me Harry Watters Out of a Dream: Love Songs Summit
11:17 PM What Am I Here For Amanda Carr Tender Trap OMS (Sculler's May 16)
11:20 PM Dreamy Waltz Dick Johnson Artie's Choice private release
11:29 PM Rosetta Steve Lacy Early Years 1954-1956 Fresh Sound

11:35 PM Cherokee Gene Bertoncini & Michael Moore Two in Time Chiaroscuro (born 4/6/37)
11:39 PM Soflee Roger Kellaway Meets Bertoncini & Moore Chiaroscuro
11:48 PM Sophisticated Lady/All the Things You Are Gene Bertoncini With Sean Smith and Bill Charlap Chiaroscuro (born 4/6/37)

p.s. Billie Holiday 90th birthday tribute Thursday, April 7!

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Thursday, 8 p.m. - Midnight
WFCR