[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 4/10

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Thu Apr 7 11:41:46 EDT 2005

Here’s this weekend’s edition of Jazz All Night from WCLV in Cleveland:

Performer                      Music                          Recording
Title                       Label
12:00Mid (Ernie Krivda Interview)
Ernie Krivda                The Jerry Turn               Passage
Cadence
Ernie Krivda-Fat Tuesday Band   Where or When      Body and Soul
Cadence
Ernie Krivda                Pan                                  Focus
Cadence
Ernie Krivda-Paula Owen   Young and Foolish   So Nice to Meet You
Cadence
Ernie Krivda      Autumn Leaves Variations     Ernie Krivda Jazz
Cadence

1:00AM (Interview continues)
Ernie Krivda-Bill Dobbins     Love Walked In   Art of the Ballad
Koch
Wynton Marsalis         Skipping                     The Magic Hour
Blue Note
Babatunde Lea             Ancestral Stroll          Suite Unseen
Motema
Steve Turre         Volunteered Slavery         Spirits Up Above
High Note
Rahsaan Roland Kirk   Ebraques       Complete Mercury
Mercury

2:00AM
Michael James Turre    Blues Mambo            Compositions
Illusory
Bobby Sanabria            Manteca                     Afro-Cuban Dream
Arabesque
Michel Camilo             Frim-Fram Sauce             Solo
Telarc
Nat Cole                      Paper Moon               The World Of

Capitol
Nat Cole      Straighten Up and Fly Right
“                                           “
Amanda Carr             The Tender Trap            Tender Trap
OMS
Judy Wexler                 I’m in Love                  Easy on the Heart
Jazzopolis
Janice Borla                Throw it Away               Agents of Change
BluJazz

3:00AM
Charles Lloyd      Memphis Dues Again/Island Blues  Just Before Sunrise
32 Jazz
John Coltrane                Dakar                          The Best of

Prestige
McCoy Tyner       The Greeting                    Counterpoints
Milestone
Tom Dempsey-Tim Ferguson  East River Crossing     Perspectives
Imaginary
Ernest Dawkins          Mean Ameen                 (same)
Delmark

4:00AM
Charlie Hunter         Run for It          Songs from the Analog Playground
Blue Note
Roberto Magris        I Remember You                Check-In
Soul Note
Abdullah Ibrahim   African Marketplace        A Celebration
Enja/Justin Time
Michael Hackett      Even as We Speak                  Circles
Summit
Eric Dolphy             Booker’s Waltz             The Best of

Prestige

5:00AM
Wynton Marsalis     Jack Johnson Two-Step    Unforgivable Blackness
Blue Note
Reginald Robinson    Jack Johnson Rag              Sounds In Silhouette
Delmark
Hot Club of San Francisco   Not So Fast     Postcards from Grypsyland
Lost Wax
Connie Evingson              Nuages         Gypsy in My Soul
Minnehaha
Don Byron               I Want to Be Happy         Ivey-Divey
Blue Note
Coleman Hawkins      Since I Fell For You        The Best of

Prestige
Pierre Bensusan    Sentimentales Pyromaniaques     Altiplanos
Favored Nations
Kenny Burrell       Out of this World         Harold Arlen Centennial
Concord
Will Martin             Caravan                              Mornings
Saguaro Beach

John Simna
jsimna at wclv.com <mailto:jsimna at wclv.com>

WCLV