[JPL] WNMC Friday Afternoon (mostly) Jazz

Thomas M "Biz" Bisard mrbiz at torchlake.com
Sat Apr 9 08:20:16 EDT 2005

                                                    WNMC 90.7 FM  Traverse
City Michigan

                                                          Listen
Online:   <www.wnmc.org>
                                  37 Years of Community Public Radio for
Northwest Lower Michigan
			              650 BIG watts....we're small, but our tower is TALL

53 hours of jazz per week (with a bit of blues/folk/world-international in
the mix)  **  9 hours of blues  **  6 hours of folk  **  6 hours of
combined blues/folk/roots  **  6 hours of world/international music  **  A
2 hour weekday morning news-topical-community show  **  The best of
indie-alt rock fills out the schedule

                          Eric Hines, general manager/music director
<ehines at message.nmc.edu>
                            Thomas M "Biz" Bisard, jazz music director
<mrbiz at torchlake.com>
                               Office: (231) 995-2562         Studio
Request Line: (231) 995-1090

                   Product, Promotions, etc to:    WNMC, attn: Eric Hines,
station manager or Biz Bisard, jazz music director
				                    1701 E Front St
				                    Traverse City MI 49686

Biz <mrbiz at torchlake.com> hosting Friday April 8th 2005 Afternoon Jazz 2-5
from the oh-so-sunny basement of West Hall on the  campus of Northwestern
Michigan College

                                              [ARTIST  *  song
title  *  album title  *  (label)]

						2 PM
FREDDIE HUBBARD  *  The Intrepid Fox  *  Red Clay  *  (CTI/Legacy/Sony)
WAYNE SHORTER  *  Speak No Evil  *  Footprints: The Life and Music of Wayne
Shorter  *  (Legacy/Sony)
						break
request: PINETOP PERKINS  *  Pinetop's Blues  *  Portrait of a Delta
Bluesman  *  (Omega)
request: PINETOP PERKINS  *  Pinetop's Boogie Woogie  *  Back on
Top  *  (Telarc Blues)
request: SIR ROLAND HANNA  *  Bags - A Tribute  *  Everything I Love  *  (IPO)
						break
LADYSMITH BLACK MOMBAZA & THE STRINGS OF THE ENGLISH CHAMBER
ORCHESTRA  *  Ave Verum Corpus  *  No Boundaries  *  (Gallo/Heads Up Africa)
CARMEN MCRAE  *  It Takes a Whole Lot of Human Feeling  *  Velvet
Soul  *  (LRC)
CARMEN MCRAE  *  Dream of Life  *  Dream of Life  *  (Quest/Warner Bros)
CARMEN MCRAE  *  The Best Is Yet To Come  *  Sarah - Dedicated To
You  *  (Novus/RCA)
CARMEN MCRAE  *  Nice Work If You Can Get It  *  Carmen McRae: The Jazz
Collector Edition  *  (Laser Light)

						3 PM
request: REBIRTH BRASS BAND  *  New Orleans Music  *  Ultimate  *  (Mardi Gras)
BUCK CLAYTON  *  All the Cats Join In  *  Jam Sessions From the
Vault  *  (Columbia/Sony)
SIR ROLAND HANNA & CARRIE SMITH  *  It's Only a Paper Moon  *  I've Got A
Right To Sing the Blues - The Songs of Harold Arlen  *  (IPO)
						break
FREDDIE HUBBARD  *  Calypso Fred  *  Sweet Return  *  (Atlantic)
ART BLAKEY & THE JAZZ MESSENGERS  *  Free for All  *  Free for
All  *  (Blue Note/EMI)
HERBIE HANCOCK  *  Dolphin Dance  *  Maiden Voyage  *  (Blue Note/EMI)
MCCOY TYNER  *  Bayou Fever  *  Together  *  (OJC/Milestone/CMG)
OLIVER NELSON  *  Yearnin'  *  Blues and the Abstract
Truth  *  (Impulse/Verve/UMG)

						4 PM
request: KIERAN KANE & KEVIN WELCH w/ FATS KAPLAN  *  Jersey Devil  *  You
Can't Save Everybody  *  (Compass)
KIERAN KANE & KEVIN WELCH w/ FATS KAPLAN  *  Somewhere in the
Middle  *  You Can't Save Everybody  *  (Compass)
PETER ROWAN & TONY RICE  *  Miss Liberty (Lay My Lonesome Down)  *  You
Were There for Me  *  (Rounder)
HARRY MANX  *  The Ways of Love  *  West Eats Meet  *  (Dog My Cat)
						break
KEELY SMITH  *  Basin Street Blues-When It's Sleepy Time Down South
[medley]  *  Vegas '58 - Today  *  (Concord/CMG)
CARLOS DEL JUNCO  *  Skaroon  *  Blues Mongrel  *  (Northern Blues Music)
THE ROYAL GARDEN TRIO  *  Swing '02  *  self-titled  *  (First Street
Electrical)
TOWER OF POWER  *  Don't Change Horses [In the Middle of the
Stream]  *  Back to Oakland  *  (Warner Bros)
request: CRUSADERS  *  Intro & Way Back Home  *  The Golden Years - Best of
Crusaders  *  (GRP/UMG)
						break
TOMMY CASTRO  *  Wake Up Call  *  Soul Shaker  *  (Blind Pig)
DAN NADEL  *  Desert Surfer  *  Brooklyn Prayer  *  (self-produced)
STANLEY TURRENTINE  *  Cherry  *  best of  *  (Epic Associated/ Sony)

						ADDS:

					[ARTIST  *  Album  *  (Label)]

GARY BURTON  *  Next Generation  *  (Concord Jazz/CMG)
ELDAR  {Djangirov} *  Eldar  *  (Sony Classical)
SCOTT HAMILTON  *  Back In New York  *  (Concord Jazz/CMG)
TED NASH & ODEON  *  La Espada de la Noche  *  (Palmetto)
MARC POMPE featuring THE JOEY DEFRANCESCO TRIO  *  You Must Believe In
Swing  *  (Cadence Jazz)
THE DEVERE PRIDE TRIO  *  ...As In a Morning Sunrise  *  (The Davis Group)
LENORE RAPHAEL  *  A Beautiful Friendship  *  (self-produced)
TIMES 4  *  Seductivity  *  (Groove Tonic Media)

						ARCHIVES:

THE EDDIE DANIELS / LARRY COMBS JAZZ QUINTET  *  Crossing the Line  *  (Summit)
FIVE PLAY...PLUS  *  self-titled  *  (Arbors Jazz)
TOM KNIFIC  *  Siena  *  (Sea Breeze Jazz)
REBECCA MANLEÓN  *  Latin Fire  *  (Rumbeca Music)
THELONIOUS MONK  *  best of  *  (Riverside/CMG)
ROSA PASSOS  *  Amorosa  *  (Sony Classical)
KIN RICHMOND / CLAY JENKINS  ENSEMBLE  *  Cross Weave  *  (Origin)
VARIOUS ARTISTS  *  Cool Jazz: The Cocktail Hour  *  (Evidence)

Oh JOY!.....Pledge Drive all next week. A BIG thank you and shout out to
all who sent us materials for subscriber/membership premiums. You help keep
our jazz community STRONG and are MUCH appreciated!!