[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 4/8/05

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Apr 9 00:09:54 EDT 2005

Jazz from Studio Four
Friday, April 8, 7pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7
About this broadcast

FUNDRAISING - YIP HARBURG (b. 4/8/1896) - DENNY ZEITLIN (b. 4/10/1938)

7:00pm
Horace Parlan: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

7:05pm
MUSIC OF YIP HARBURG (b. 4/8/1896)
Billie Holiday: I'm Yours (Harburg), The Commadore Recordings (Commadore)
Mark Murphy: Then I'll Be Tired of You (Harburg), Lucky to Be Me (HighNote)
Carla White: It's Only A Paper Moon (Harburg), Listen Here (Evidence)

7:24pm
Abbey Lincoln: Brother, Can You Spare A Dime (Harburg),
You Gotta Pay The Band (Verve)
Jimmy Scott: Over The Rainbow (Harburg), Over The Rainbow (Milestone)
Abbey Lincoln: Happiness is A Thing Called Joe (Harburg),
That's Him (Riverside)

7:46pm
Gil Evans - Steve Lacy: Reincarnation of A Lovebird, Paris Blues (Sunnyside)
Steve Lacy - Danilo Perez: Monk's Dream,
Live at The RegattaBar (Only on 89.7)
Shirley Horn: A Time for Love,
Live at Sander's Theater (Only on 89.7)

8:21pm
Carlos Franzetti: Nefertiti, The Jazz Kamarata (Chesky)
Jeanne Lee - Mal Waldron: I Ciuld Write A Book, After Hours (Sunnyside)

8:38pm
Mal Waldron - Archie Shepp: Nice Work if You Can Get It,
Left Alone Revisited (Synergy)
Billie Holiday: They Can't Take That Away From Me, Love Songs (Columbia)

8:52pm
James Carter: Indian Summer, Gardenia's For Lady Day (Columbia)

9:00pm
Live Interview and Performance; Hank Jones
(at Sanders Theater, Harvard University, Sunday April 19)

9:20pm
Joe Lovano - Hank Jones: Like Someone in Love, I'm All For You (Blue Note)
Lee Konitz - Michel Petrucciani: I Hear A Raphsody, Toot Sweet (Sunnyside)

9:40pm
Bob Dorough: Old Devil Moon (Harburg), Devil May Care (Bethleham)
Shirley Horn: The Eagle and Me (Harburg), I Thought About you (Verve)
Andy Bey: It's Only A Paper Moon, American Song (Savoy)

10:05pm
Hank Jones: Softly As In A Morning Sunrise, Someday My Prince Will Come
(Columbia)
Buster Williams: Concierto de Aranjuez, Griot Liberte (HighNote)

10:25pm
Toshiko Akiyoshi - Lew Tabakin Quartet: Con Alma,
Live At The Gardner Museum (Only on 89.7)

10:43pm
LM Pagano: Down With Love (Harburg), Azalea (Bop City)
Tierney Sutton: Last night When We Were Young (Harburg),
Dancing in The Dark (Telarc)

FEATURE: DENNY ZEITLIN (b. 4/10/1938)
11:01pm
Denny Zeitlin: Blues on The Side; The Girl Next Door; My Man's Gone Now,
Live at Maybeck (Concord)

11:17pm
Denny Zeitlin/David Friesen Duo: Old Folks; Oleo; Turnaround,
Zeitlin/Friesen (Concord)

11:38pm
Denny Zeitlin: You and The Night and The Music; It Could Happen to You;
Sweet Georgia Brown, Slick Rock (MaxJazz)

11:54pm
Denny Zeitlin: I'm All Smiles, as Long As There's Music (32 Jazz)

Only on 89.7! performances and recordings are exclusive WGBH Radio
productions and are not commercially available.