[JPL] NEXT WEEK ON XM'S MODERN JAZZ CHANNEL-XM 72, BEYOND JAZZ

davispro at mindspring.com davispro at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 9 13:24:34 EDT 2005

XM 72...BEYOND JAZZ/WEEKLY FEATURES   (11-17 April 05)

This Monday, April 11th, we'll present another edition of our special feature...MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS! on Beyond Jazz featuring an hour of one of the great living masters of modern jazz history, HERBIE HANCOCK! You'll hear the story of his most interesting life and career from Herbie himself and with the good graces of Warner Music a full hour of his wonderful music. Listen Monday at Noon Eastern/9 AM Pacific, with a replay Monday night at 11 PM Eastern/8 PM Pacific. It's MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS! featuring HERBIE HANCOCK! on Beyond Jazz.

HERBIE HANCOCK's 65th Birthday Celebration! It's an All-Day Herbie Fest in celebration of the great jazz master's 65th birthday! Listen Tuesday, April 12th for a Herbie Hancock classic beginning each hour from 7 AM to Midnight  Eastern (4 AM-9 PM Pacific).

This week it's HERBIE HANCOCK LIVE! on WEDNESDAY NITE LIVE @ BJ'S! Every Wednesday night at 8 PM Pacific/11 PM Eastern spend an hour in the world's only imaginary modern jazz club, BJ's, for rare live performances by the biggest stars of Modern Jazz.  You'll hear music you can't hear anywhere but on XM, and this week we'll follow the great HERBIE HANCOCK to the four corners of the earth to hear rare performances from the Knitting Factory in L.A., the "We Are The Future" concert in Rome and from Scotland with an all-star band featuring Stanley Clarke & Wayne Shorter...it's an XM Exclusive...HERBIE HANCOCK LIVE! on this weeks addition of WEDNESDAY NITE LIVE @ BJ'S!

IF IT'S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION!  Every Friday we present an exclusive Beyond Jazz feature that focuses on the moment in jazz history when the music became electric and all the musical influences of the world blended with jazz to create the Fusion Era. Each hour beginning at 7 AM Eastern/4 AM Pacific until midnight Eastern/9 PM Pacific you'll hear a classic fusion piece and get the mojo behind this controversial era in jazz history. IF IT'S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION! on XM 72, Beyond Jazz.

On Saturday, April 16th, Beyond Jazz presents a special JAZZ APPRECIATION MONTH edition of "WORDS & MUSIC" titled "UNDER THE INFLUENCE!" As we salute the worldwide celebration of jazz we'll present a link between the generations of jazz artists as today's greats tell you about the artists from the earlier generation who made a major impression on them.  Hear Stanley Clarke on John Coltrane, Wallace Roney on Miles Davis, Candy Dulfer on Sonny Rollins, Dave Douglas on Billie Holiday and many more. Each hour begins with conversation followed by music. It all starts at Noon and lasts through Midnight Eastern time (9 AM-9 PM Pacific) It's a special JAZZ APPRECIATION MONTH edition of "WORDS & MUSIC" titled "UNDER THE INFLUENCE!"

PREMIER SUNDAY on Beyond JazzThis Sunday, April 17th, will be another Premier Sunday from XM 72, Beyond Jazz as we present the premier of six new releases including multi-grammy winner Marcus Miller's new CD "Silver Rain" featuring songs from Jimi Hendrix to Duke Ellington to Prince. Then it's 3 awesome new guitar works including The Fareed Haque Group's "Cosmic Hug," New York's Alex Skolnick Trio with "Transformation," and Oz Noy with "HA!" described as Jeff Beck meets John Scofield in James Brown's band.  Then it's Boston-born vocalist Kate McGarry singing a jazzy version of a Bjork classic on her new CD "Mercy Streets" and New Orleans saxman John Ellis with the help of John Scofield, Nicholas Payton and others on "One Foot In The Swamp." It's six new releases on Sunday the 17th of April beginning at Noon Eastern/9 AM Pacific, on another Premier Sunday from XM 72, Beyond Jazz.

 Every Sunday it's the EMAIL REPLY HOUR...from 6-7 PM Eastern/3-4 PM Pacific, Russ Davis spends an hour responding to email messages by playing requested songs, answering listener questions and reading listener comments that have been emailed to him at beyondjazz at xmradio.com.

Russ Davis
Program Director
Beyond Jazz
(((XM))) Satellite Radio