[JPL] Carmen McRae

Bob Maxon rmaxon at utk.edu
Sat Apr 9 20:37:58 EDT 2005


Thanks for all the responses, I was just making sure I wasn't crazy 
after what I heard an announcer say on the air.

Bob Maxon
Jazz Coordinator/Program Announcer
WUOT Public Radio
209 Communications Building
University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN 37996
865-974-5375
865-974-3941 (fax)
rmaxon at utk.edu
http://www.wuot.org



s8nochaser at aol.com wrote:

>************************************************
>This week's sponsor is: Heads Up and Telarc Records 
>*************************************************
>The Jazz Programmers Mailing List is a free service
>provided by Yellow Dog Communications, Inc.
>For more information visit us at  http://jpl.yellowdog.com
>To become a sponsor contact Tony Gasparre 
>at tony at yellowdog.com or 585-235-4685.
>
>*************************************************
> Her name is pronounced just as it appears..."CAR" [like an automobile] "MEN" [like more than one man]
> 
>Like the title of the opera...
> 
>Mike Schwartz
>JSJS, San Jose/www.ksjs.org
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Bob Maxon <rmaxon at utk.edu>
>To: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
>Sent: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 13:59:34 -0400
>Subject: [JPL] Carmen McRae
>
>
>************************************************ 
>This week's sponsor is: Heads Up and Telarc Records ************************************************* 
>The Jazz Programmers Mailing List is a free service 
>provided by Yellow Dog Communications, Inc. 
>For more information visit us at http://jpl.yellowdog.com 
>To become a sponsor contact Tony Gasparre at tony at yellowdog.com or 585-235-4685. 
> 
>************************************************* 
>I have a question about the pronunciation of the first name of singer Carmen McRae. I heard an announcer do it as "COR mun" and I was wondering if there was any precedent for that... 
> 
>-- Bob Maxon 
>Jazz Coordinator/Program Announcer 
>WUOT Public Radio 
>209 Communications Building 
>University of Tennessee 
>Knoxville, TN 37996 
>865-974-5375 
>865-974-3941 (fax) 
>rmaxon at utk.edu 
>http://www.wuot.org 
> 
>************************************************ 
>This week's sponsor is: Heads Up and Telarc Records 
>************************************************* 
>Many thanks to Heads Up and Telarc Records for making the 2005 JazzWeek Summit Fellowship a reality. JazzWeek will be announcing the recipients shortly! 
> 
>The 2005 JazzWeek Summit early bird registration rates are going to expire very soon. Go to http://www.jazzweek.com/summit to register online or to download the PDF registration form. 
> 
>************************************************* 
>************************************************
>This week's sponsor is: Heads Up and Telarc Records
>*************************************************
>Many thanks to  Heads Up and Telarc Records for making the 2005 JazzWeek Summit  Fellowship a reality.  JazzWeek will be announcing the recipients shortly!
>
>The 2005 JazzWeek Summit early bird registration rates are going to expire very soon.  Go to http://www.jazzweek.com/summit to register online or to download the PDF registration  form.
>
>*************************************************
>  
>


More information about the jazzproglist mailing list