[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise 4-10-05

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 10 20:15:27 EDT 2005

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington D.C.
Sundays 5-7 pm

1) Kermit Ruffins-Mardi Gras Day (Throwback)
2) Joel Forrester-Blues Mary Lou (Ever Wonder Why)
3) Mary Lou Williams-Old Time Spiritual (Mary Lou's Mass)
4) Eldar-Point of View (Eldar)
5) Denny Zeitlin-You And The Night And The Music (SlickRock)
6) Kenny Wheeler-Iowa City (What Now?)
7) Dave Frishberg-Brenda Starr (Let's Eat Home)
8) Frank Wess/Harry Edison Orchestra-This Is All I Ask (Dear Mr. Basie)
9) Phil Woods-Groovin' High (Groovin' To Marty Paich)
10) Kate McGarry-Whatever Lola Wants, Lola Gets (Mercy Streets)
11) Randy Sandke-Outside In (Outside In)
12) Jane Ira Bloom-Dancing In The Present Tense (Like Silver, Like Song)
13) Ted Nash-Tico Tico (La Espada de la Noche)
14) Oliver Lake & Trio 3-Y2 Chaos (Open Ideas)
15) Oliver Lake-External Language (External Language)
16) Jack DeJohnette/Foday Musa Suso-Ocean View (Music From The Hearts of the
Masters)
17) Ahmed Abdullah-We Travel The Spaceways (Traveling The Spaceways)
18) George Adams-Going Home (Nightingale)
Host: Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com