[JPL] Playlist: Modern Jazz Classics

Bob Stockton drbob456 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 11 16:14:36 EDT 2005

Modern Jazz Classics is heard each week on six affiliate stations that reach
an audience potential of more than 1.4 million listeners (always room for
one or two more).

Playlist MJC-119: I was thinking about Dave Lambert the other day.

Theme - Eric Dolphy - On Green Dolphin Street

Lambert, Hendricks & Ross / In A Mello Tone / The Hottest New Group In Jazz
/ Columbia*
Benny Golson / Moritat / That's Funky / Arkadia Jazz
Nat "King" Cole / Route 66 / The World Of Nat King Cole / Capitol-EMI
Chris Cortez / My Way Is Better / Mum Is The Word / Blue Bamboo Music
Mike Smith / Bahia / Last Call / Fairfax
Belinda Underwood / Later Baby / Underwood Uncurling / Cosmik Muse
Lambert, Hendricks & Ross / Hi-Fly / The Hottest New Group In Jazz /
Columbia*
Kevin Mahogany / Moonlight In Vermont / Big Band / Mahogany Jazz
Cannonball Adderly / Dancing In The Dark / Somethin' Else / Blue Note
Eric Nemeyer / Bye Bye Blackbird / Blessing In Disguise / Jazz Improv
Kenny Burrell / Out Of This World / The Harold Arlen Centennial Celebration
/ Concord Jazz

Top of hour sweep - Benny Golson - Blues On My Mind

Lambert, Hendricks & Ross / This Here / The Hottest New Group In Jazz /
Columbia*
Connie Evingson / the Gypsy In My Soul / Gypsy In My Soul / Minnehaha Music
Sonny Criss / All The Things You Are / Jazz For The Open Road / 32Jazz
Gary Burton / 'Ques Sez / Next Generation / Concord Jazz
Cannonball Adderly-Milt Jackson / Groovin' High / Things Are Getting Better
/ Riverside
Lambert, Hendricks & Ross / Swingin' 'Till The Girls Come Home / Columbia*
Vault Selection: Benny Goodman-Peggy Lee / Where Or When / Small Groups:
1941-1945 / Columbia / 1941
Carol Heffler / Mahina / Exactly / Peeka
Clifford Brown (Sonny Rollins) / The Scene Is Clean / Clifford Brown's
Finest Hour / Verve
Josh Workman / You're Blase' / Jumpin' At The Border / Tetrachord
Sarah Vaughan / Great Day / The Roulette Years, Vol. 1 & 2 / Roulette

Top of hour sweep and sign off: Clifford Brown - Stockholm Sweetnin'

* Denotes Spotlight Album.

Bob ("Dr. Bob") Stockton, Host/Producer (I also take out the trash).
Modern Jazz Classics From Amelia Island
3956 Arbor Lake Circle
Jacksonville, Fl. 32225-1681

(904) 910-3475