[JPL] Jazz Playlist from KSJS-FM, San Jose for 4-11-05

Bradley M. Stone bstone at science.sjsu.edu
Mon Apr 11 16:16:33 EDT 2005

KSJS-FM, San Jose, CA     Jazz Playlist for 4-11-05

Reporting to JazzWeek

Dr. Brad Stone, Music Director and Faculty Advisor
KSJS 90.5 FM
One Washington Square
San Jose State University
San Jose, CA   95192-0094
www.ksjs.org

Home Office:
Music Calls: 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Wednesdays, PT
408-848-6266 (office)
email: bstone at science.sjsu.edu
P.O.B. 720397, San Jose, CA  95172-0397

Assistant Music Director for Blues:  Kevin Foley Ariente (Kevin at ksjs.org
<mailto:Kevin at ksjs.org>)
Assistant Music Director for World:  Aaron Duran (Aaron at nuai.org)

San Jose is the 3rd largest city in California (behind L.A. and San Diego)
and just passed Detroit as the nation's 10th largest city (population about
1 million), and the San Jose/Oakland/S.F. metro area is the 4th largest in
the country (population about 6.6 million).  KSJS broadcasts to the greater
San Jose metropolitan area at 1.5 kwatts, and our signal covers the vast
majority of the Bay area's listeners.  KSJS programs at least 22 hours per
week of jazz (including world and blues), with regular DJs:  Kevin Ariente,
Karen Gentile,  Ramon Johnson, Tracy McGreevy, Steven Metzger, Mike
Schwartz, and Brad Stone; and guest DJs Kareem Guilbeaux, James Houston, and
Paul Kauppila.  In addition to JazzWeek, we report to CMJ Jazz, CMJ New
World and Living Blues.

Interviewed Artist (on "Straight No Chaser", Sundays 6 a.m. to 10 a.m., with
Mike Schwartz):
Fred Hersch Ensemble - Leaves of Grass - Palmetto - 3/10

Heavy Rotation:
John Ellis - One Foot In The Swamp - Hyena - 4/7
The Chris Walden Big Band - Home Of My Heart - Origin - 4/7
Yellow Jackets - Altered State - Heads Up - 3/17
Brian Bromberg - Metal - Artistry - 3/17
BeatleJazz - With A Little Help From Our Friends - Lightyear - 3/10
Connie Evingson - Gypsy in my Soul - Minnehana - 3/10
Amina Figarova - Come Escape With Me - Munich - 3/10
Steve Venz - Scoop - Daal - 3/10
Kurt Rosenwinkel - Deep Songs - Verve - 3/3
Lars Danielsson - Libera Me - ACT - 3/3
Monty Alexander - Live at the Iridium - Telarc - 2/24
Jim Cifelli - Groove Station - Short Notice - 2/24
Dave Holland Big Band - Overtime - Dare2/Sunnyside - 2/24

Medium Rotations:
Mainstream:
Kevin Stout & Brian Booth - Tales Of The Tetons - Jazzed5 - 4/7
Rigmor Gustafsson and the Jacky Terrason Trio - Close to You - ACT - 3/10
Judy Wexler - Easy on the Heart - Jazzopolis - 3/10
Scott Whitfield Jazz Orchestra - The Minute Game - Summit - 3/10
Dale Fielder Quartet - Baritone Sunride - Clarion - 3/10
The Harry Watters Quartet - Out of a Dream: Love Songs - Summit - 3/10
Michael Hackett - Circles - Summit - 3/10
Five Play - ... Plus - Arbors - 3/10
Rebbeca Sayre - This Is Always - Becca - 3/3
Roseanne Drago - Hot Sophisticated Jazz Now - HSJ - 2/24

World:
Babatunde Lea - Suite Unseen: Summoner Of The Ghost - Motema - 4/7
Paris Combo - Motifs - DRG - 4/7
Los Hombres Calientes: Irvin Mayfield & Bill Summers - Vol. 5: Carnival -
Basin Street - 3/10
Chiara Civello - Last Quarter Moon - 2/24
Savina Yannatou & Priimavera En Salonico - Sumiglia - ECM - 2/24
Bill Tapia - Duke of Uke - MoonRoom - 2/17
Two Siberians - Out of Nowhere - WA/Heads Up
Grazyna Auguscik - The Light - GMA - 2/17
Cliff Korman and The Brazilian Tinge - Migrations - PlanetArts - 2/7
Buena Vista Social Club - Presents - Manuel Guajiro Mirabal - World
Circuit/Nonesuch - 2/7
Ladysmith Black Mambazo - No Boundaries - Heads Up - 1/31

Progressive:
Nicole Margaret Mitchell Black Earth Ensemble - Hope, Future and Destiny -
Dreamtime - 4/7
Barry Romberg's Random Access - Part 3 - Romberg - 3/24
Fast 'N' Bulbous: The Captain Beefheart Project - Pork Chop Blue Around The
Rind - Cuneiform - 3/24
Grachan Moncur III Octet - Exploration - Capri - 3/10
Bill Connors - Return - Tone Center - 2/24
Ellery Eskelin - Ten - HatHut - 2/17
California Outside Music Associates - C.O.M.A. - Jazzheads - 2/17
Ahmed Abdullah's Dispersions of the Spirit of Ra - Travelling the Spaceways
- PlanetArts - 2/7
Denys Baptiste - Let Freedom Ring! - Dune - 2/7
Abram Wilson - Jazz Warrior - Dune - 2/7
Happy Apple - The Peace Between Our Companies - Sunnyside - 2/7

Blues:
Louise Grasmere - Blue Ain't Only Blue - LEG Records - 3/17
Sean Costello - Sean Costello - Tone Cool - 3/17
Hubert Sumlin - About Them Shoes - Tone Cool - 3/17
Mark Nomad - Razor's Edge - Blue Star - 3/17
Otis Clay - Respect Yourself - Blind Pig - 3/17
Mitch Kasmar - Nickels and Dimes -  Delta Groove - 3/7
Rory Block - From the Dust - Telarc - 3/7
Hollywood Blue Flames - Soul Sanctuary - Delta Groove - 3/7
Al Basile - Blue Ink - Sweet Spot - 3/7
Zac Harman - The Blues - Blue Stone - 3/7
Matthew Skoller - These Kind of Blues - Tongue N' Groove - 3/7
Eddie Turner - Rise - Northern Blues - 1/31

Light Features:
Nelson Rangell - My American Songbook, Vol. 1 - 3/3 - Koch
Martin Eagle & Friends - A Welcoming Beauty - Hawksnest - 2/24
Ravi Coltrane - In Flux - Savoy - 2/17
The Dave Wilson Quartet - Through the Time - Dreamscape - 2/17
Avishai Cohen - At Home - RazJaz - 2/17
Zack Brock and the Coffee Achievers - Chemistry - Secret Fort - 2/17

Adds:
Eldar Djangirov - Eldar - Sony Classical - 4/11
Keely Smith - Vegas '58 - Today - Concord - 4/11
John Pizzarelli - Knowing You - Telarc - 4/11
Curtis Stigers - I Think It's Going To Rain Today - 4/11
Gary Burton - Next Generation - Concord - 4/11
Kate McGarry - Mercy Streets - Palmetto - 4/11
Kneebody - Kneebody - Greenleaf/Koch - 4/11
Sakesho - We Want You to Say... - Heads Up - 4/11
Anat Cohen - Place & Time - Anzic - 4/11
Lea Delaria - Double Standards - Telarc - 4/11
Marcus Miller - Silver Rain - 3 Deuces/Koch - 4/11
The Devere Pride Trio - ... as in a morning sunrise - Devere Pride - 4/11

Going Recurrent:
Rob Henke and the Washington Street Players - Twin Rivers - 2/17
Various Artists - Harold Arlen Centennial Celebration - Concord - 2/17
Joyce Lyons - Sooner or Later - Joyce Lyons - 2/17
Nat King Cole - The World Of... - Capitol/EMI - 2/17
Chris Winters - Impressions - Blue Crane/Blujazz - 2/17
Shapes - The Big Picture - Burnin' Down the House - 2/7
Bireli Lagrene - Move - Dreyfus - 2/7