[JPL] Fw: WFCR/Jazz à la Mode, Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Tue Apr 12 23:15:48 EDT 2005

WFCR/Jazz à la Mode, Tuesday, April 12, 2005
Celebrating Herbie Hancock's 65 Birthday

8:00 PM Watermelon Man Herbie Hancock Takin' Off Blue Note (b. 4/12/40)

8:08 PM Blues March Art Farmer-Benny Golson A Jazz Hour With the Jazztet JHR (Artists Collective/Hartford: April 16)
8:13 PM Avila & Tequila Ingrid Jensen Here on Earth Enja (www.williamstownjazz.com)
8:18 PM Farmacology John Scofield Time on My Hands Blue Note (UCONN: April 16)

8:28 PM It's All in the Game Keith Jarrett The Out-of-Towners ECM
8:33 PM Anna's Tango Chick Corea Past Present & Futures Stretch
8:38 PM Misstery Hancock/Brecker/Hargrove Directions in Music Verve

8:49 PM Little One Miles Davis E.S.P. Columbia
8:57 PM Dolphin Dance Herbie Hancock Maiden Voyage Blue Note

9:08 PM Use of Light Kurt Rosenwinkel Deep Song Verve
9:16 PM Deep Song Kurt Rosenwinkel Deep Song Verve
9:20 PM How Deep Is the Ocean? Kate McGarry Mercy Streets Palmetto

9:30 PM Turn Out the Stars Hancock/McLaughlin Carnegie Hall Salutes the Jazz Masters Verve
9:36 PM Overture (Fascinating Rhythm) Herbie Hancock Gershwin's World Verve
9:37 PM It Ain't Necessarily So Herbie Hancock Gershwin's World Verve

9:43 PM My Good Friend Michael Hackett Circles Summit
9:50 PM My Romance Julie Hardy A Moment's Glance Fresh Sound New Talent
9:57 PM Infogee's Cakewalk Vijay Iyer Reimagining Savoy Jazz
10:03 PM Caravan Duke Ellington Complete Capitol Recordings Mosaic

10:10 PM Watermelon Man Herbie Hancock Takin' Off Blue Note (CD feature)
10:17 PM Three Bags Full Herbie Hancock Takin' Off Blue Note
10:22 PM Empty Pockets Herbie Hancock Takin' Off Blue Note

10:31 PM Blind Man Blind Man Herbie Hancock My Point of View Blue Note
10:39 PM Cantaloupe Island Herbie Hancock Empyrean Isles Blue Note
10:44 PM Oliloqui Valley Herbie Hancock Empyrean Isles Blue Note

10:56 PM The Maze Herbie Hancock Takin' Off Blue Note
11:03 PM Driftin' Herbie Hancock Takin' Off Blue Note
11:10 PM Alone and I Herbie Hancock Takin' Off Blue Note

11:18 PM February Moment Herbie Hancock & Chick Corea An Evening With Hancock and Corea Columbia

11:37 PM The Peacocks Herbie Hancock Soundtrack: 'Round Midnight Columbia
11:44 PM Maiden Voyage Herbie Hancock & Chick Corea An Evening With Hancock and Corea Columbia

Wednesday's Highlights: Bud Freeman, b. 4/13/06; vibraphonist Teddy Charles; recordings by Jason Moran, Charles Lloyd, Branford Marsalis and Karrin Allyson.

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Thursday, 8 p.m. - Midnight
WFCR