[JPL] Blackjazz records

Russell Haines rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 12 19:00:11 EDT 2005

Hi JPLers,

I am looking for some help. On 3/21/05 Derrick Lucas from WGMC posted a
message saying he had just picked up Doug Carn's disc Infant Eyes and that
the label Blackjazz was now back in print. He also posted the website for
Blackjazz.

I went to the site and tried contacting anyone who could give me some info.
about the artists ie: is there a sampler disc available etc. I have spoken
to a gentleman who identified himself as Mr. Williams who said he would send
some material along to me. I did mention that I was interested in purchasing
discs if I could get a clearer picture of the music. I have spoken with him
twice and am still without anything.

Does anyone have a REAL contact with Blackjazz records? Does anyone have any
suggestions on  how I could check out some of the artists to see what WWSP
might want to purchase?

Does anyone know the Blackjazz catalogue well enough to make
artist/recording suggestions?

Thanks for your time and help.

Russ

Russ Haines Jazz MD WWSP 90fm
105 CAC Building Reserve Street
Stevens Point, WI. 54481

rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com

Nearly impossible to reach at: 1 - 715 - 346 - 3755 (CST)