[JPL] WGBH Playlist 7 pm - mid 4/11

Jackson, Bobby bjackson at WCPN.org
Thu Apr 14 15:51:16 EDT 2005

I don't normally comment on playlists but I really like this show.
Kudos!

Bobby Jackson
WCPN
Cleveland, OH

BTW Matt,  You're in good hands with Shaunna!  Congrats on your
internship!!

Peace!

-----Original Message-----
From: jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com
[mailto:jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com] On Behalf Of
mmerewit at andrew.cmu.edu
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 4:06 AM
To: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
Subject: Re: [JPL] WGBH Playlist 7 pm - mid 4/11

Dog Communications, Inc.
For more information visit us at  http://jpl.yellowdog.com To become a
sponsor contact Tony Gasparre at tony at yellowdog.com or 585-235-4685.

Interesting. Is this show archived in any format I might be able to hear
it. If you or your engineers wouldn't mind I'd love to get a CD or tape
of it. I will be at Jazzweek this summer.

Matt
WRCT Pittsburgh

P.S. Re: your advise about a career path in jazz radio (if such a thing
exists), I got an internship at WDUQ to be Shaunna Morrison Machosky's
aide for the summer.

--On Tuesday, April 12, 2005 1:28 AM -0400 eric jackson
<eric-jackson at comcast.net> wrote:

> Monday, April 11, 7pm?midnight, WGBH 89.7
>
> About this broadcast
>
> Herbie Hancock 1980s and Beyond
> (born 4/12/1940)
>

> Listed by artist: selection, album (label)
>
> 	7:00pm
> Tommy Flanagan: Peace, Something Borrowed Something Blue (Galaxy)
>
> 7:08pm
> Herbie Hancock: 'Round Midnight, The Other Side Of 'Round Midnight
> (Blue Note 46397)
>
> 7:16pm
> Herbie Hancock; John McLaughlin: Turn Out The Stars, Carnegie Hall
> Salutes  The Jazz Masters (Verve 314523150)
>
> 7:21pm
> Herbie Hancock: The Peacocks, Round Midnight (Columbia/Legacy 85811)
>
> 7:33pm
> Herbie Hancock: Lullaby, Gershwin's World (Verve 314557787)
>
> 7:44pm
> Herbie Hancock; Wayne Shorter: Diana, 1+1 (Verve 314553564)
>
> 7:53pm
> Herbie Hancock: The Man I Love, Gershwin's World (Verve 314557787)
>
> 7:59pm
> Herbie Hancock: Norwegian Wood, The New Standard (Verve 314528584)
>
> 8:07pm
> Herbie Hancock: Dolphin Dance, Herbie Hancock Box (Columbia/Legacy
> 64978)
>
> 8:21pm
> Herbie Hancock: The Sorcerer, The Quartet (Columbia 38275)
>
> 8:28pm
> Various Artists: Recorda Me, One Note With Blue Note Preserved Vol 1
> (Blue  Note 46147)
>
> 8:43pm
> Herbie Hancock; Michael Brecker; Roy Hargrove: So What/Impressions,
> Directions In Music (Verve 314589654)
>
> 8:59pm
> Herbie Hancock; Foday Musa Suso: Early Warning, Village Life (Columbia
> 39870)
>
> 9:02pm
> Herbie Hancock: Textures, Mr. Hands (Columbia/Legacy 471240)
>
> 9:08pm
> Herbie Hancock: Stars In Your Eyes, Monster (Columbia 486571)
>
> 9:20pm
> Herbie Hancock; Wayne Shorter: Sonrisa, 1+1 (Verve 314537564)
>
> 9:26pm
> Herbie Hancock: Chan's Song (Never Said), Jazz Moods 'Round Midnight
> (Columbia/Legacy 90691)
>
> 9:30am
> Herbie Hancock; Bobby Hutcherson: Maiden Voyage, Jazz At The Opera
> House (Columbia (lp) 38430)
>
> 9:48pm
> Herbie Hancock: Cantaloupe Island, Monterey Jazz Festival 40 Legendary

> Years (Malpaso/Warner 46703)
>
> 10:06pm
> Herbie Hancock: Rockit, Future Shock (Columbia/Legacy 65962)
>
> 10:11pm
> Herbie Hancock: Hardrock, Sound-Sytem (Columbia/Legacy 65961)
>
> 10:16pm
> Herbie Hancock: Rubber Soul, Dis Is Da Drum (Mercury 314522681)
>
> 10:22pm
> Herbie Hancock: Tony Williams, Future 2 Future (Transparent Music
> 500112)

> [...]

This week's sponsor is: Heads Up and Telarc Records
Many thanks to  Heads Up and Telarc Records for making the 2005 JazzWeek
Summit  Fellowship a reality.

To register for the 2005 Summit go to:

http://www.jazzweek.com/summit to register online or to download the PDF
registration  form.

To make hotel room reservations call 1-877-THE-MARX.  Ask for the
JazzWeek rate.