[JPL] Goodbye from JOHN ROGERS

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Fri Apr 15 09:35:02 EDT 2005

Dear Radio Royalty,

Yesterday I received an email from John Rogers telling me that after 17
years as jazz radio promotion director at Fantasy Records his
employment there has been terminated.

When I immediately called him to find out what was going on he was in the
middle of going through years of accumulated memorabilia and other stuff,
trying to clean out his desk and office.

JOHN ROGERS IS NO LONGER WITH FANTASY RECORDS!!!

I want to go on record to say how short sighted Concord is being in this
dastardly act.
John Rogers has been a friend and mentor to many of us, not only for his
honesty in dealing with releases and radio but also  for his fine
programming talent on the airwaves these many years. I hope that part of
John's public life continues for a long long time.
John has a great sense of humor and a great sense of good taste.
I'll miss his tracking calls but I know we'll stay in touch.
He has so much in common with all of us

Good Luck, John

Steve Schwartz
Jazz from Studio Four