[JPL] THE NEXT JAZZ AMERICA ON VOA

davispro at mindspring.com davispro at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 16 09:29:15 EDT 2005

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice of America, now heard by more listeners than ever before!

JAZZ AMERICA is now heard not only on the entertainment service MusicMix,  but also on the worldwide VOA service via shortwave transmission.

The show is two hours long and reaches a potential audience of 94 million listeners worldwide each weekend.  Visit the Voice of America website @ www.voamusicmix.net to get more information including when it is webcast in your timezone as well as when and how to hear it via shortwave.

Also
please take note of the email address for the show.  For any comments or inquires you can reach me at jazz-america at voa.gov.

Russ Davis

davis programs
163 third avenue/p.m.b. # 259
new york,ny 10003
email...jazz-america at voa.gov
JAZZ AMERICA
 SHOW #601
16-17 APRIL, 2005
TITO PUENTE-tito’s idea (50 years of swing)
SARAH VAUGHN-I cried for you (live in New Orleans/1969)
*Al Di Meola Interview
AL DI MEOLA-orange and blue (orange and blue)
COUNT BASIE-jive at five
GROOVE COLLECTIVE-rentstrike (groove collective)
MANHATTAN TRANSFER-killer joe (vocalese)
*Bob Mintzer Interview
BOB MINTZER BIG BAND-el caborojeno (live at MCG)
YELLOWJACKETS-cross currents (altered state)
GERRY MULLIGAN-jeru (the rebirth of the cool)

JAZZ AMERICA
 SHOW #602
16-17 APRIL, 2005
STEPS AHEAD-NYC (NYC)
BOBBY McFERRIN-heaven’s design (bang zoom)
*Herbie Mann Interview
HERBIE MANN & PHIL WOODS-bohemia after dark (beyond Brooklyn)
DON BYRON-abie the fishman (ivey divey)
WAYNE SHORTER-sacajawea (alegria)
JANIS SIEGEL-show me (sketches of broadway)
*Lenny White Interview
LENNY WHITE-rapid transit (big city)
BENNY CARTER-another time, another place (1987)
COUNT BASIE-one o’clock jump (live in New Orleans/1969)

SHOW #603-604
23-24 APRIL, 2005
JAZZ APPRECIATION MONTH-Week 4
Salute To California featuring Chico Hamilton,
Dave Brubeck, Joshua Redman & George Duke