[JPL] NEXT WEEK ON XM'S MODERN JAZZ CHANNEL...XM 72 BEYOND JAZZ

davispro at mindspring.com davispro at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 16 09:31:36 EDT 2005

XM 72...BEYOND JAZZ/WEEKLY FEATURES   (18-24 April 05)

This Monday, April 18th, we'll present another edition of our special feature...MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS! on Beyond Jazz featuring an hour of 2004 Grammy-winning pianist, MICHEL CAMILO! With the good graces of Telarc Records you'll hear a full hour of his music, including the Grammy-winning double CD "Live At the Blue Note." Plus, you'll hear the unique story of how Michel made his way from the Dominican Republic to New York and worldwide jazz stardom. Listen Monday at Noon Eastern/9 AM Pacific, with a replay Monday night at 11 PM Eastern/8 PM Pacific. It's MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS! featuring MICHEL CAMILO! on XM 72, Beyond Jazz.

This week is the PREMIER!!!!! of our new show JAMMIN' JAZZ...JAZZ FOR THE NEW GENERATION! hosted my Michelle Sammartino.  What's it all about?  Well here's how  Michelle describes what you'll hear on the show..."anything with that "jamband" jazz, acid jazz, brass band, swamp boogie, funk influenced, booty movin' feel that ya just can't hear anywhere else." Listen for JAMMIN' JAZZ three times each week...Tuesday night at 9P Eastern-6P Pacific, Thursday morning at 9A/Eastern-6A Pacific, and Sunday at 7P/Eastern-4P Pacific, right after the weekly request show THE EMAIL REPLY HOUR. It's JAMMIN' JAZZ...JAZZ FOR THE NEW GENERATION! with Michelle Sammartino this week featuring The New Orleans Nightcrawlers, Motherbug, Robert Walter, T.J.Kirk and more!

This week it's THE MODERN GROOVE SYNDICATE LIVE! on WEDNESDAY NITE LIVE @ BJ'S! Every Wednesday night at 8 PM Pacific/11 PM Eastern spend an hour in the world's only imaginary modern jazz club, BJ's, for rare live performances by the biggest stars of Modern Jazz.  You'll hear music you can't hear anywhere but on XM, and this week we'll continue with the celebration of the premier or our new show JAMMIN' JAZZ...JAZZ FOR THE NEW GENERATION! with Michelle Sammartino with a live hour by the pride of Richmond, Virginia,  THE MODERN GROOVE SYNDICATE live at the Outback Lodge in Charlottesville, VA...It's THE MODERN GROOVE SYNDICATE LIVE! this weeks addition of WEDNESDAY NITE LIVE @ BJ'S!

IF IT'S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION!  Every Friday we present an exclusive Beyond Jazz feature that focuses on the moment in jazz history when the music became electric and all the musical influences of the world blended with jazz to create the Fusion Era. Each hour beginning at 7 AM Eastern/4 AM Pacific until midnight Eastern/9 PM Pacific you'll hear a classic fusion piece and get the mojo behind this controversial era in jazz history. IF IT'S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION! on XM 72, Beyond Jazz.

On Saturday, April 16th, Beyond Jazz presents a special edition of "WORDS & MUSIC" titled "ATTACK OF THE JAZZY JAMBANDS!" As we celebrate the premier week or our new show JAMMIN' JAZZ...JAZZ FOR THE NEW GENERATION! with Michelle Sammartino.  Hang out on Saturday with Russ Davis as he talks to some of the artists who have created the music that is bringing in millions of new fans to jazz with their fun and funky new form of MOJA.  You'll hear from folks like Robert Walter, Karl Denson, Genji Sarasi of Groove Collective, Charlie Hunter, Stanton Moore and more. Each hour begins with conversation followed by music. It all starts at Noon and lasts through Midnight Eastern time (9 AM-9 PM Pacific) It's "ATTACK OF THE JAZZY JAMBANDS!" this weeks edition of "WORDS & MUSIC"

Every Sunday it's the EMAIL REPLY HOUR...from 6-7 PM Eastern/3-4 PM Pacific, Russ Davis spends an hour responding to email messages by playing requested songs, answering listener questions and reading listener comments that have been emailed to him at beyondjazz at xmradio.com.

Russ Davis
Program Director
Beyond Jazz
(((XM))) Satellite Radio