[JPL] 4-17-05 Sunday Jazz Matinee/WSHA FM 88.9

Benjamin Boddie BFBoddie at msn.com
Sun Apr 17 22:20:37 EDT 2005

WSHA 88.9 FM
Raleigh, N.C.

www.wshafm.org<http://www.wshafm.org/>
Sunday Jazz Matinee
Ben Boddie
bfboddie at msn.com<mailto:bfboddie at msn.com>

Noon
One More - A Child Is Born - Music Of Thad Jones - IPO - 2005
Gary Burton - My Romance - Next Generation - Concord Records- 2005
Amina Figarova - Market Place - Come Escape With Me - Munich Records - 2005
Joe Williams - By The River St. Marie - Havin' A Good Time! - Heyna Records - 2005
John Ellis - Charlmette Shawarma - On Foot In The Swamp - Heyna Record - 2005
Devere Pride - Our Blues - As In A Morning Sunrise - The Davis Group - 2005
Scott Whitfield - Moonlight In Vermont - The Minute Game - Summit Records - 2005
Joe Bourne - Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby - Remembering Mr. Cole With - Jonaja Records - 2004

1:00
Eldar - Maiden Voyage - Eldar - Sony Classical - 2005
Dexter Gordon - A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square - Jazz Moods - Round Midnight - Sony Music - 2005
Stanley Turrentine - Make Me Rainbows - Jazz Moods - Cool - Sony Music - 2005
Nat King Cole - Smile - The World Of - Capitol Records - 2005
Freddie  Hubbard - Arietis - Blue Note Perfect Takes - Blue Note - 2004
Hod O'Brien - Bye Bye Blackbird - Live At Blues Alley - Reservoir Music - 2004
Harold Arlen/Sarah Vaughan - I Gotta Right To Sing The Blues - Centennial Celebration 100 - Concord Jazz - 2005
Sonny Stitt - Getting Sentimental Over You - It's Magic - Delmark Records - 2005

2:00
Onaje Allan Gumbs - Sol Brilho - Remember Their Innocence - Ejano Music - 2004
Avishai Cohen - Madrid - At Home - Raz Daz Records - 2005
Beatle Jazz - Imagine - With A Little Help From Our Friends - VideoArts Music - 2005
Grazyna Auguscik - Don't Explain - The Light - GMA Records - 2005
Kurt Rosenwinkel - Synthetics - Deep Song - Verve - 2005
Tommy Newsom - Titter Pipes - Tommy Newson & His Octo-Pussycats - Arbors Records - 2005
Carlo Heffler - Exactly Like You - Exactly - Peeka Records - 2005
Ravi Coltrane - Dear Alice - In Flux - Savoy Jazz - 2005

3:00
Stout/Booth - On String Lake Trail - Tales Of The Tetons - Jazzed 5 Records - 2004
Sandro Albert - They Walk Among Us - The Color Of Things - Zero Square Records - 2003
Yellowjackets - The Hope - Altered State - Heads Up - 2005
Curtis Stigers - Lullaby On The Hudson - I Think It's Going To Rain Today - Concord Jazz - 2005
Babatunde Lea - Ancestral Stroll - Summoner Of The Ghost - Motema Music - 2005
Amanda Carr - Never Will I Marry - Tender Trap - OMS Records - 2004
Curtis Fuller - Maze - Keep It Simple - Savant Records - 2005
Abdullah Ibrahim - African Market Place - A Celebration  - Enja Records - 2005