[JPL] WWSP Jazzweek Playlist

Russell Haines rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 17 12:27:02 EDT 2005

JAZZWEEK REPORT for week of 4/17/05

WWSP 90fm
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
11,500 watts

Jazz programming 23 Hours
Mon. - Thurs. 6pm to 10pm
Fri.              10pm to  2am
Sun.             12pm to 3pm

Russ Haines Jazz Music Director
rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Phone: 715 - 346 - 3755 (Central Time)

4 or more SPINS

4 Monty Alexander - Live At The Iridium - Telarc
4 Jim Baker - More Questions Than Answers - Delmark
5 Gary Burton - Next Generation - Concord
4 Collier & Dean - Duets - Origin
4 Bill Connors - Return - Tone Center
4 Lea Delaria - Double Standards - Telarc
4 John Ellis - One Foot In The Swamp - Hyena Records
5 Connie Evingson - Gypsy In My Soul - Minnehaha Records
4 Amina Figarova - Come Escape With Me - Munich Records
5 Rigmor Gustafsson & The Jacky Terrasson Trio - Close To You - ACT
4 Scott Hamilton - Back In New York - Concord
4 Hot Club Of San Francisco - Postcards From Gypsyland - Lost Wax Records
4 Abdullah Ibrahim - A Celebration - Enja/Justin Time
4 Babatunde Lea - Suite Unsseen: Simmoner Of The Ghost - Motema
4 Los Hombres Calientes - Vol. 5 Carnival - Basin Street Records
4 Thomas Marriott - Individuation - Origin
4 Marcus Miller - Silver Rain - 3 Deuces/Koch
4 Nicole Margaret Mitchell & Black Earth Ensemble - Hope, Future & Destiny -
Dreamtime Records
4 Marian McPartland/Steely Dan - Piano Jazz - Concord
4 Jacqui Naylor - East / West - Ruby Star Records
5 Nojo With Sam Rivers - City Of Neighbourhoods - True North Records
5 John Pizzarelli - Knowing You - Telarc
4 Curtis Stigers - I Think It's Going To Rain Today - Concord
5 Sonny Stitt - It's Magic - Delmark
5 Mel Torme/Gerry Mulligan/George Shearing - Classic Concert Live - Concord
5 Joe Williams / Ben Webster - Havin' A Good Time - Hyena Records
4 Phil Woods - Groovin' To Marty Paich - Jazzed Media

2 - 3 SPINS

2 Bruce Arnold/Mike Miller - Two Guys From South Dakota - MUSE EEK
3 BeatleJazz - With ALittle Help From Our Friends - Lightyear
3 Ruby Braff - You Brought A New Kind Of Love - Arbors
3 Ron Brendle Trio - Photograph - LoNote
3 Brian Bromberg - Metal - Artistry Music
3 Jimmy Bruno - Solo - Mel Bay Records
2 Chicago Luzern Exchange - Several Lights - Delmark
2 Paul Combs Pocket Big Band - Live At Chit Chat - Sea Breeze
2 Lars Danielsson - Libera Me - ACT
2 Bobby Darin - Live At The Desert Inn - Neon Tonic/Concord
3 Dave's True Story - Nature - Bepop Records
2 Eldar - Selftitled - Sony Classical
3 Dale Fielder Quartet - Baritone Sunride - Clarion Jazz
2 Onaje Allan Gumbs - Remember their Innocence - Ejano Music
3 Michael Hackett - Circles - Summit
2 Fred Hersch Ensemble - Leaves Of Grass - Palmetto
2 Thad Jones Celebration Band - Once More Music Of Thad Jones - IPO
2 Kneebody - Selftitled - Greenleaf/Koch
3 Doug Munro - Big Boss Bossa Nova - CMG
3 Dan Nadel - Brooklyn Prayer - Nadelmusic
3 Shelley Neill - Entee Blue - Cobalt Blue
2 Tommy Newsom & His Octopussycats - Selftitled - Arbors
2 Jim Pearce - Washington Square Park - Oak Avenue
3 Kurt Rosenwinkel - Deep Song - Verve
2 Sakesho - We want You To Say - Heads Up
2 Savoirfaire - Running Out Of Time - Delmark
2 Shapes - The Big Picture - Burnin' Down The House Records
3 Kevin Stout & Brian Booth - Tales Of The Tetons - Jazzed5 Records
2 Tomo - Selftitled - Torii Records
2 Triplicate - Day & Age - Rhythmelodic Records
3 Belinda Underwood - Uncurling - Cosmik Muse Records
2 Steve Venz - Scoop - DAAL Jazz
2 Chris Walden - Home Of My Heart - Origin
2 Scott Whitfield - Jazz Orchestra West - The Minute Game - Summit
2 Victor Wooten - Soul Circus - Vanguard Records
3 Yellowjackets - Altered State - Heads Up

1 SPIN

1 Bruce Arnold/Oliver Ker Ourio - Duets - MUSE EEK
1 Katie Bull - Love Spook - Corn Hill
1 Amanda Carr - Tender Trap - OMS Records
1 Roderick Harper - The Essence Of... - RHM
1 Carol Heffler - Exactly - Peeka Records
1 Ron Kalina - Getting My Axes Together - Kalinor Music
1 Charles McPherson - A Tribute To Charlie Parker - Clarion Jazz
1 Marc Pmpe - You Must Believe In Spring - Cadence Jazz Records
1 Devere Pride Trio - ...As In A Morning Sunrise - Davis Group
1 Times 4 - Seductivity - Groove Tonic Media
1 Judy Wexler - Easy On The Heart - Rhombus Records

ADDS WEEK OF 4/17/05

Debby Boone - Reflections of Rosemary - Concord
Anat Cohen - Place & Time - Anzic
Curtis Fuller - Keep It Simple - Savant
Tord Gustavsen Trio - The Ground - ECM
Luther Hughes & The Cannonball-Coltrane Project - Selftitled - Primrose Lane
Music
Nguyen Le - Walking On The Tigers Tail - ACT
Bradley Leighton - Just Doin' Our Thang - Pacific Coast Jazz
Charles Lloyd - Jumping The Creek - ECM
Bruce Lofgren - Eventide - Sea Breeze
Kate McGarry - Mercy Street - Palmetto
Marian McPartland & Friends - 85 Candles Live In New York - Concord
Ted Nash & Odeon - La Espada De La Noche - Palmetto
Newyorkestra Big Band - Urban Soundscapes - Sea Breeze
Hod O'Brien - Blues Alley First Set - Reservoir
Jim Payne - Eneroie - Savant
Kermit Ruffins - Throwback - Basin Street Records
Diane Schuur/Caribbean Jazz Project - Schuur Fire - Concord Picante
Jay Thomas/Wataru Hamasaki - Accidently Yours - McVouty Records
Tim Thompson - Faces - Hidden Giant Music

All discs chart for 8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up
with the quantity of quality discs that we receive. Thanks for your support.

Russ