[JPL] Playlist: Modern Jazz Classics

Bob Stockton drbob456 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 18 16:01:11 EDT 2005

Modern Jazz Classics is heard each week on six affiliate stations that reach
an audience potential of more than 1.4 million listeners (Got a late spot to
fill? We have insomnia).

PLaylist MJC-120

Theme: Eric Dolphy - On Green Dolphin Street

Carlos Averhoff / Niko's Dream / Jazz 'ta Bueno / Fonojazz*
Connie Evingson / 'S Wonderful-Dizzy Atmosphere / Gypsy In My Soul /
Minnehaha Music
King Pleasure / Blues I Like To Hear / Moody's Mood For Love / Blue Note
JoAnne Brackeen-Kurt Elling / What's Your Choice Rolls Royce / Pink Elephant
Magic / Arkadia Jazz
Carli Munoz / Three Little Steps To Heaven / Maverick / Pelosenel Records
Sarah Vaughan / Jump For Joy / The Roulette Years, Vol. 1&2 / Roulette
Carlos Averhoff / Samba De Ouro / Jazz 'ta Bueno / Fonojazz*
Jay Thomas-Wataru Hamasaki / Joy / Accidentally Yours / McVouty
Sarah Vaughan-Count Basie / I've Got A Right To Sing The Blues / Harold
Arlen Centennial / Concord Jazz
Chris Connor-Hank Jones / Everything I've Got / Sing Me A Song Of Jazz /
Jazzfest
Irene Kral / Spring Can Really Hang You Up The Most / Sing Me A Song Of Jazz
/
Bobby Darin / I Didn't Know What Time It Was / Best Of Bobby Darin, Vol.2 /
Atlantic-Atco

Top of hour sweep - Benny Golson-Blues On My Mind

Carlos Averhoff / Eugenology / Jazz 'ta Bueno / Fonojazz*
Vault Selection: June Christy / Lover Man / The Complete Peggy Lee & June
Christy Capitol Transcription Sessions / Mosaic / 1946
Marc Pompe'-Joey DeFrancesco / You Must Believe In Spring / Title Track /
Cadence Jazz
Harry Watters / Night And Day / Love Songs / Summit
Clifford Brown / If I Love Again / Clifford Brown's Finest Hour / Verve
Buddy DeFranco / In A Sentimental Mood / OJC Sampler / Pablo
Carlos Averhoff / Not For Everybody / Jazz 'ta Bueno / Fonojazz*
Barney McClure-Jay Thomas / Sweet Emma / Not A Day Goes By / Sage Arts
Records
Carol Heffler / Same Old Used To Be / Exactly / Peeka Records
Kevin Stout-Brian Booth / Kate's Great / Tales Of The Tetons / Jazzed5

Top of hour sweep and sign off - Clifford Brown - Stockholm Sweetnin'

* Denotes Spotlight Album

Bob ("Dr. Bob") Stockton
Modern Jazz Classics From Amelia Island
3956 Arbor Lake Circle