[JPL] WNMC Friday Afternoon (mostly) Jazz

Thomas M "Biz" Bisard mrbiz at torchlake.com
Mon Apr 18 20:01:08 EDT 2005

                                                    WNMC 90.7 FM  Traverse
City Michigan

                                                          Listen
Online:   <www.wnmc.org>
                                  37 Years of Community Public Radio for
Northwest Lower Michigan
			              650 BIG watts....we're small, but our tower is TALL

53 hours of jazz per week (with a bit of blues/folk/world-international in
the mix)  **  9 hours of blues  **  6 hours of folk  **  6 hours of
combined blues/folk/roots  **  6 hours of world/international music  **  A
2 hour weekday morning news-topical-community show  **  The best of
indie-alt rock fills out the schedule

                          Eric Hines, general manager/music director
<ehines at message.nmc.edu>
                            Thomas M "Biz" Bisard, jazz music director
<mrbiz at torchlake.com>
                               Office: (231) 995-2562         Studio
Request Line: (231) 995-1090

                   Product, Promotions, etc to:    WNMC, attn: Eric Hines,
station manager or Biz Bisard, jazz music director
				                    1701 E Front St
				                    Traverse City MI 49686

Biz <mrbiz at torchlake.com> hosting Friday April 15th 2005 Afternoon Jazz 2-5
from the oh-so-sunny basement of West Hall on the  campus of Northwestern
Michigan College

                                              [ARTIST  *  song
title  *  album title  *  (label)]

This is a pledge drive week show so the sets are a bit funny and not as
many tunes as usual. I think I managed to write most of them down.

						2 PM
NAT ADDERLY  *  Jive Samba  *  Essence of Funk  *  (Hip Bop Essence)
HANK CRAWFORD  *  Forever Mine  *  Midnight Ramble  *  (Milestone/CMG)
SARAH VAUGHAN  *  I'm Just a Lucky So and So  *  Linger Awhile-Live at
Newport and More  *  (Pablo/CMG)
CARMEN MCRAE  *  There Will Come a Time  *  Velvet Soul  *  (LRC)
BILLIE HOLIDAY  *  Ain't Nobody's Business If I Do  *  From the Original
Decca Masters  *  (MCA/UMG)
ELLA FITZGERALD & JOE PASS  *  The Thrill Is Gone  *  Speak
Love  *  (Pablo/CMG)
ELLA FITZGERALD & DUKE ELLINGTON  *  Cottontail  *  Stockholm Concert
1966  *  (Pablo/CMG)
						break
IRVIN MAYFIELD w/ THE NEW ORLEANS JAZZ ORCHESTRA & THE DILLARD UNIVERSITY
CHOIR  *  The Elder Negro Speaks  *  Strange Fruit  *  (Basin Street)
TOWER OF POWER  *  So Very Hard To Go  *  self-titled  *  (Warner Brothers)
KERMIT RUFFINS & THE REBIRTH BRASS BAND  *  It's Later Than You
Think  *  Throwback  *  (Basin Street)

						3 PM
TOM WAITS  *  A Sweet Little Bullet From a Pretty Blue Gun  *  Blue
Valentine  *  (Elektra)
						break
LES MCCANN & EDDIE HARRIS  *  Compared To What  *  Swiss
Movement  *  (Atlantic/Rhino)
IRAKERE  *  Adagio on a Mozart Theme  *  best of  *  (Legacy/Sony)
						break
HOWLIN' WOLF  *  I Asked for Water  *  Bluesmaster  *  (MCA/UMG)
request (written on a Jackson): BILLIE HOLIDAY  *  Strange Fruit  *  Billy
Crystal Presents: The Milt Gabler Story  *  (Verve/UMG)
PSALMTHING BLUE  *  Back In 39 Blues  *  Third Inversion  *  (Fields of
Gold Publishing, Inc.)
PSALMTHING BLUE  *  A Timely Healing  *  Third Inversion  *  (Fields of
Gold Publishing, Inc.)
PSALMTHING BLUE  *  Hundredth Hope Blues  *  Third Inversion  *  (Fields of
Gold Publishing, Inc.)
						break
HARRY WATERS  *  Night and Day  *  Love Songs - Out of a Dream  *  (Summit)

						4 PM
STANLEY TURRENTINE  *  Sugar  *  best of  *  (Epic Associated/Sony)
AMANDA CARR  *  Do It the Hard Way  *  Tender Trap  *  (OMS)
						break
MILES DAVIS  *  Freddie Freeloader  *  Kind of Blue  *  (Columbia/Legacy/Sony)
CAROL HEFFLER  *  Same Old Used To Be  *  Exactly  *  (Peeka)
						break
ELDAR  *  Watermelon Island  *  self-titled  *  (Sony Classical)
THE RASCALS  *  Jungle Walk  *  Island of Real  *  (Sundazed)

						ADDS:

					[ARTIST  *  Album  *  (Label)]

CHERYL BENTYNE  *  Let Me Off Uptown  *  (Telarc Jazz)
DR. JOHN  *  The Best of the Parlophone Years  *  (Blue Note/EMI)
THE ESSENCE ALL STARS  *  Afro Cubano Chant  *  (Hip Bop Essence)
CHARLES LLOYD  *  Jumping the Creek  *  (ECM)
PRIMAL BLUE  *  self-titled  *  (Hip Bop Essence)
KERMIT RUFFINS & THE REBIRTH BRASS BAND  *  Throwback  *  (Basin Street)
SONNY STITT  *  It's Magic  *  (Delmark)
UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY MEGA-SAX  *  Full English Mower in the
Bluegrass  *  (SeaBreeze Vista)

						ARCHIVES:

CHET BAKER  *  best of  *  (Riverside/CMG)
LARRY CHERNICOFF  *  October  *  (Windy Planet)
RED GARLAND TRIO  *  best of  *  (Prestige/CMG)
GARY LEMEL  *  The Best of Times  *  (Concord/CMG)
SCOTT ROBINSON  *  Jazz Ambassadors: Scott Robinson Plays the Compositions
of Louis Armstrong  *  (Arbors Jazz)
KERMIT RUFFINS  *  self-titled  *  (Putumayo)
ARCHIE SHEPP & MAL WALDRON  *  Left Alone Revisited: A Tribute to Billie
Holiday  *  (Synergy)
MICHAEL WOLFF & IMPURE THOUGHTS  *  Dangerous Vision  *  (Artemis)